• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did a thrift trip Sunday afternoon to Houston and came up with Versace jeans someone had tossed aside on top of the rack, Orvis shirt, Filson safari shirt NWT, J. Crew corduroy jacket, Hugo Boss Galelio jacket, and a nice unstructured cotton plaid Polo jacket.wq

Last edited:

Timmah

Reaction score
Story time!

So I picked up a new canali suit on an end of year closeout sale from the local menswear shop.
The person I sold it to on ebay is now trying to claim its fake and is yelling at me on ebay.

I <3 buyers...

Also can anyone tell me if this Burberry tie is legit?

gerbilunit

Reaction score
Story time!

So I picked up a new canali suit on an end of year closeout sale from the local menswear shop.
The person I sold it to on ebay is now trying to claim its fake and is yelling at me on ebay.

I <3 buyers...

Also can anyone tell me if this Burberry tie is legit?

Looks fake to me, the font on that tag seems so bland. How does it feel in your hand?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ +1. Label looks off IMO.

green_machine

Reaction score
Got a thrift/project jacket. It's kind of worn so I don't care about messing it up. Paul Stuart 2 btn, side vents, ticket pocket.

Slightly short arms so I took off the fake cuff buttonholes (soon will sew functional ones) and lengthened the cuffs. took off the crappy machine sewed lapel button hole and tried my first milianaise button hole.

I'll update when I finish it

JabbaTheSlut

Reaction score
Burberry looks like a badly done strippers tit.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
When are the Bay Area dudes going to go on a road trip to LA?
Lemme know when this happens, I've got a shop for you that will fill all your taxidermy bat needs, walking distance from some other shops you'll be interested in as well.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lemme know when this happens, I've got a shop for you that will fill all your taxidermy bat needs, walking distance from some other shops you'll be interested in as well.

I've gotta get my tux tailored before this happens...

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got a car, if barrel and troika will pay for gas I am so down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads