• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ROFL @ Sag Harbor...
lol8[1].gif

Gets me every damn time...

I just wanted to know who thought that was a good name for clothes for frumpy women?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

gerbilunit

Reaction score
Found an orphan with fish mouth lapels, but I couldn't leave it behind.

WHAMMY:

I'll be going back tomorrow morning to see about the pants.
@ATLjon or any other of you gentlemen, could you kick some knowledge on what makes this a standout find? Aside from, if it fits you, or fills a void, what makes Alan Flusser exceptional? I tend to see shirts/sweaters but generally pass. I looked up his site and it looks like he does a lot of custom work, but is his stuff considered highly desireable?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@ATLjon
  or any other of you gentlemen, could you kick some knowledge on what makes this a standout find? Aside from, if it fits you, or fills a void, what makes Alan Flusser exceptional? I tend to see shirts/sweaters but generally pass. I looked up his site and it looks like he does a lot of custom work, but is his stuff considered highly desireable? 

This is bespoke. Not the mall crap that he sold out with. Quality is up there with Savile Row ****.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, as Spoo said (i think) there was/is an Alan Flusser line that's great, and the there's the Made in China line which you'll often find in thrifts. I've seen plenty of that, but none of the good stuff.

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No pics yet but thrifted a trombone today...

Was it rusty?

My one find for the day. Size 38 Cooper Leather Bomber.

Not sure if I want to keep it yet.

I scored a Cooper A-2 goat skin leather flight coat a few weeks back, 44L and I'm a 44R. Tried in vain to grow an inch or two but could not manage it...it went to a good home and my ROI was nice. you can always wear it the remainder of the season and let it go next autumn.

Caruso sport coat. First actual Caruso label for me, and now that I look at it, I've passed on it a lot in the past. Sucks.

This particular one has a couple extremely small moth holes, but at 2 dollars I couldn't say no

I've still never found anything Caruso. With a few holes and only two bucks, I would have bought it as well just to have done so...

Yeah, as Spoo said (i think) there was/is an Alan Flusser line that's great, and the there's the Made in China line which you'll often find in thrifts. I've seen plenty of that, but none of the good stuff.

The purple tag Flusser is the thrift fodder; the MTM / bespoke stuff @ATLjon got is the good stuff regardless of it having been tailored to fit someone else. I've passed on it, before I knew the difference in the labels.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rewatching Buffy and I'm on Once More, With Feeling and reminded how everyone should watch that episode.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't done any real thrifting in 2 weeks, since my last pretty decent haul. At least one, maybe two cherries popped this time.

Nothing available at the moment.

Here goes - all from today:

I have always wanted one of these, and now I have one - garish!! (does not count towards one of my pops)

I think these next two are pops, but I haven't looked them up yet - bought solely because I thought Spoo posted the same label a while ago. Both are truly NWOT.

A definite pop for me - realsies Burberry Prorsum. Made in Italy and all that jazz.

A collab I haven't seen before - Gitman x BAPE. Is a thing?

No-name brand - I just loved the colors.

Truly NWOT:

Never ceases to surprise how many different fabrics / variations in which the Ludlow came.

New cold weather outdoor work jacket - appears to have a smudge of paint so who cares if it gets ruined.

The beast of the day. New with tag from BNY.

I saw this tag and got a little giddy... Could it be? ?? !

And this one made me smile.

JabbaTheSlut

Reaction score
Alaskan Pipeline has to be the best one though.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads