• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score
Went out today, the most notable find was this awesome Harris Tweed Overcoat. Rhodes of Seattle was a department store in Seattle (surprising no one) that operated in the first half or so of the 20th century, closing down in 1968. The Union label on the inside of the coat is the one in use from 1949 to 1961. So this coat has survived in this condition for about 50 years, no moth holes, stains, or rips, too bad it's too big for me, so it's available to all of you.

No tagged size, here are the measurements:
P2P:24"
Shoulders: 19"
Sleeves: 27"
Length: 45.75"

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Watch your tone

?

What I mean: You waltz around her like you own the place, ask questions that could easily be googled, and get snippy with others? Who do you think you are?

Talbott and RG have never been truly brag worthy (aside from flip value) and are not SF approved (Talbott obviously works, but my God, if I picked up every Talbott piece I found, I could start an outlet store!).

Last edited:

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went out today, the most notable find was this awesome Harris Tweed Overcoat. Rhodes of Seattle was a department store in Seattle (surprising no one) that operated in the first half or so of the 20th century, closing down in 1968. The Union label on the inside of the coat is the one in use from 1949 to 1961. So this coat has survived in this condition for about 50 years, no moth holes, stains, or rips, too bad it's too big for me, so it's available to all of you.
I remember Rhodes! Yikes.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Home made light box attempt #1. Brought to you by Mr. and Mrs. Claus. And also, Belle, the sleepy kitty.

Fendi Biplane Tie

The box isn't big enough for shoes. I'll have to make a second box. These are the two pairs of shoes that my great aunt thrifted me for Christmas, which I still think is so cool. Even came with the trees. These are Byrons.

Mansfields

She also thrifted me this rad pair of cufflinks.

Christmas present from my girlfriend.

Only other thing I found today.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What size is it? Then again, if it's too big for anyone, it's probably huge on me.

JabbaTheSlut

Reaction score
That light box is almost identical to my old setup and works fantastic. Phase two for this should be to thrift some desk lamps with the bendy necks plus a pretty good size opening in the plastic shade thing. Then go to Home Depot or Lowes or large home improvement store and get the brightest daylight bulbs you can find. It'll fix the yellow background and colors of your items will be represented way better.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! Ours was wonderful. Here's my own holiday/family/nice guy thrift fit: Cardigan - JCrew, eBay Shirt - Whitcomb & Shaftesbury, from Nataku Santa tie - just been in my closet as long as I can remember Pants - Coppley, Holt Last Call (RIP) Got some nice stuff as well, including the PS3 I've been holding off buying for years, and many of the games I've been dying to play during that time. GF will not be pleased. Also stopped by a local menswear shop after work on Christmas Eve and noticed they had a pre-Boxing Day sale... Guidi washed horse derbies, 50% off retail. I know that's not exactly anywhere near thrift prices, but it's the most I've ever seen Guidi on sale for. Found out the store is clearing out all its Guidi footwear as they just weren't selling at retail. Decided to go back today to see about another pair of boots, but the stock had already been decimated. Oh well. Happy holidays everyone!
Grandpa, that you?? Just kidding you look fresh. Love cardigans

Last edited:

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

?

What I mean: You waltz around her like you own the place, ask questions that could easily be googled, and get snippy with others? Who do you think you are?

Talbott and RG have never been truly brag worthy (aside from flip value) and are not SF approved (Talbott obviously works, but my God, if I picked up every Talbott piece I found, I could start an outlet store!).

This is an internet message board. You're taking it way too seriously. Additionally there are far more egregious offenders than myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads