• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up 2 things today, I'm on the fence about the Boss suit, I might return it in the next couple days, we'll see.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need some help on identifying a few things I picked up today.
First, these Paraboot boots from which some jackass cut the tag on the side. (Although, I'm honestly going to do that same thing with some Hunter boots that I own. I don't like visible labels.) I've done an image search on Paraboot, and can't figure out what the model is. Anyone know?

Then there's this dirty-but-lovely Faconnable blazer, made in Italy. I'm going to dig through the label archive here, but if anyone can beat me to the punch by identifying the manufacturer, I'll be grateful.

Then I got an Etro tie and a Givenchy Monsieur tie. Is this the good Givenchy? It seems nice.

Any info would be appreciated!

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude offtopic as hell but Bitcoins just hit 1000. What the ****. Millionaires have been made today.

Last edited:

PointDexter2014

Reaction score
Thanks. I find the same site you posted a link to in your post. After doing some research I realized I have a jewel. Also, I found a Pockets MTM 2 Button Dual Grey and Blue Window Pane suit in mint condition. Almost like new. Unfortunately, the owner/tailor closed shop this past Spring. Sold to Zegna.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also a 28k Ferrari needs 27k to 50k in work
Or maintenance

haha, not this one..........
stirpot.gif

anyway, Jebarne inspired me.(and showed excellent character) so i gave the skyline to my wife.
time to go shopping!!!!!!!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despo is a regular judge on the tailoring and fit thread. Man, if you think our thread is harsh, shhhesshhhh! That read constantly eats up new/old members!

http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions

I don't think it was a gay joke... cuff links come in pairs, and the bride doesn't usually need any, and you were recently engaged, no?

Douuuuhhhhh! I totally misinterpret that post!!!
facepalm.gif

ok I missed something. I thought you were getting married. hence the groom cuff-links. Thought you might like them since you had like the stein ones I had.

I'm not sure how you got a gay joke out of that. None was intended.
confused.gif
Dude, I'm sorry man, I've totally misread that post.
shog[1].gif
For the record, I wasn't upset upon read/seeing that.
facepalm.gif
baldy[1].gif
I actually though it was a great burn meme!!! I'm gonna totally steal it and use it when I'm feeling juvenile and wants to call someone the "G" word!
bounce2.gif
Well, I guess I have to photoshop another pair of links in that pic...
lol8[1].gif

Again, sorry man, I've been on pain meds for the past 2 days for a work related injury. The good news is that I get a few days off! Maybe I'll do some light weight thrift?!
fing02[1].gif

Since I've made @Nataku drool, here's one for @barrelntrigger ...

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha, not this one..........
stirpot.gif

anyway, Jebarne inspired me.(and showed excellent character) so i gave the skyline to my wife.
time to go shopping!!!!!!!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????? Yeah, right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!

namdaemun

Reaction score
Anyone want a J Crew peacoat? Size L. Charcoal Gray. Issues with the lining. Some wear on the bottom right arm. Cost + shipping.

Coat does not have buttons so you'll have to pay the $5 at a fabric store. Also, I'm not going to measure as I don't have time.

LMK

s_allen_p

Reaction score
I'm jumping in to this a little late, but since car share turned into bike share for a few posts, here are my bikes. Both of them are GTs:

Bought the frame off ebay and pieced the rest together from sales on bike forums. Paid for the chroming by cashing in a giant penny jar I'd been tossing pennies into for a decade.

Originally bought this for riding around on a backlot. Bought whole on ebay:

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Anyone want a J Crew peacoat? Size L. Charcoal Gray. Issues with the lining. Some wear on the bottom right arm. Cost + shipping.

Coat does not have buttons so you'll have to pay the $5 at a fabric store. Also, I'm not going to measure as I don't have time.

LMK

Step 1: return
Step 2: Google 'peacoat'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics