• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol I know the brand just didn't know if that was a decent deal for the condition
If the number is 2193 on the inside, i would pick them up, otherwise I would leave them as you aren't going to make much...and from your extensive question history, I assume they are not for you.

Stewie

Reaction score
Just left a thrift...three teenagers got the ties right before...I hear one of them say "best of class"...the one of the others says "Robert Talbott"....ugh...head to the shirts and they get there same time and I hear "Zegna" I'm screwed....what's the world coming to.

I headed to the next one hoping they didn't come from that direction.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just left a thrift...three teenagers got the ties right before...I hear one of them say "best of class"...the one of the others says "Robert Talbott"....ugh...head to the shirts and they get there same time and I hear "Zegna" I'm screwed....what's the world coming to.

lol

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If the number is 2193 on the inside, i would pick them up, otherwise I would leave them as you aren't going to make much...and from your extensive question history, I assume they are not for you.

meh

i picked em up. i wanted brown dress shoes for myself and they fit. gonna try to restore them a bit. i hope the sole isn't too bad (first pair of leather soled shoes)

got em for $17 after a credit i had

m6el3Io.jpg

maro2280

Reaction score

Question guys... Are bed bugs ever a real concern

Yes. Dry cleaning (at a non-environmentally friendly place) or putting your clothes in the dryer on high for at least 30 minutes are sure fire ways to kill them. From what I've read (e.g., http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/bed-bugs-faq-fs.html), a typical freezer is ineffective regardless of how long you leave clothes in it for (they don't get cold enough). That said, I put ties in the freezer, as I don't have a rack/shelf in my dryer.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

klay49

Reaction score
Non thrift related question. Does anybody own a MS Surface? I am thinking about trading in my Ipad to get one. I like that it has a usb port and office but, I would be curious to hear the opinion if someone who owns one.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mwaahahhahhahahha

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

edwardthefirst

Reaction score
I had a very good morning today
Vintage HT overcoat with nice big leather buttons.

Great Haul all around, but I especially love this coat.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'm going to be hitting a lot of stores tomorrow and Monday. To all the Kiton, Brioni, Isaia, Lobbs, and EGs in Southern California:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ethrift brag. Two pairs of Hoka One One running shoes (Bondi B). Price was about 2/3 of the retail price of one.

Dolfan954

Reaction score
Love you guys. Miss you guys.

Haven't thrifted in a month. Free time spent trying to thrift a house.

Had some time very early this morning. Saw an ad for a local dry cleaner doing an unclaimed clothing sale, everything $5 and everything obviously pressed and cleaned. All of it happening at a VERY empty small thrift store. Cool, I thought.

Pull into parking lot at 7:45, and there is a line of 75 people in front of me. I hear the owner of the store mentioning 8000 garments and mentioning people camped out to be there in line. Line reaches about 100+ people by 8 and this tiny store allows all people in there at once. Could not move. Could not even look at a garment. Almost went Frenchy on some people when they grabbed 20+ suits, threw them in the cart, just to sort them out on their own time. I had to lower my shoulder just to get myself to the exit five minutes later.

Dammit if it didn't give me the itch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics