• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I'm so ******* pissed right now. In all my years as a member of the ebay community, I've never had someone purposely destroy something just to get a refund. But what really upsets me is paypal holding my money for 21 days. Can they legally do that? It totally ***** with my system of buying and selling.

Half of the people I've talked to via eBay customer service weren't the savviest people in the world, to put it politely. The fact that you had pictures to back up your story and they sided with him is absolutely absurd. I would say that paypal holding any portion of your money beyond what those bags were sold for is questionable, at best, although I'm sure they're very well protected legally.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Half of the people I've talked to via eBay customer service weren't the savviest people in the world, to put it politely. The fact that you had pictures to back up your story and they sided with him is absolutely absurd. I would say that paypal holding any portion of your money beyond what those bags were sold for is questionable, at best, although I'm sure they're very well protected legally.

The money for the bags was refunded long ago. It's just since my powerseller status was revoked yesterday that they started holding my money.... on all my sales. They say payments that were made yesterday should be available by Nov 9. Are you ******* kidding me? :fu: :fu:

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sucks eazy
In other news I passed on a bunch of different savile row house licensed rtw stuff, ancient and ugly cdg zip polo, and also these...
But I figure someone might want a proxy if so pm me ASAP

Unvented and could make a killer alternative tux jacket about a 42-44 short with 19-20 shoulder super short sleeves maybe like 24 and around a 30 or less boc also large pit to pit measurment a Hong Kong tailor label 14 micron fabric label as says Marzoni on top tag
And then this old school super 60s blazer 1/4 lined taped seams super low dual vents really open weave green wool tweedish fleck fabric about a 40 on the longish side and slim

Last edited:

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I'm so ******* pissed right now. In all my years as a member of the ebay community, I've never had someone purposely destroy something just to get a refund. But what really upsets me is paypal holding my money for 21 days. Can they legally do that? It totally ***** with my system of buying and selling.

What, an issue with eBay/PayPal?

There is absolutely, positively nothing you can do about it, and they don't give a **** about being fair. They put my funds on hold after someone complained about shipping charges that were fully disclosed in the listing. So I switched to my wife's account, and they put her funds on hold (apparently because she hadn't sold enough stuff, whatever that means).

Really, it's not your money, it belongs to PayPal, All you can do is add the motherfucker to the Black List, move on and remember: It is always, always better, if you can, to sell stuff outside eBay, even if you don't get as much. You can't put a price on aggravation like this.

Last edited:

MarkThomas

Reaction score
What, an issue with eBay/PayPal?

There is absolutely, positively nothing you can do about it, and they don't give a **** about being fair. They put my funds on hold after someone complained about shipping charges that were fully disclosed in the listing.

That's the main problem I run into. So many dumb questions from idiots because they just don't read the description. It scares me on some of the higher end stuff. I kind of expect that if you're spending that kind of money on an item on eBay then you would want to read through the whole listing.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank god I went to another store u deserve popcorns for this, think grail vintage military, Gucci, the most staple blazer ever, silk, and crazy low prices

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gucci camel hair trousers with side tabs and button pockets a week old so $1
Insane wool cargo pants with side tabs and cool leather bottom fasteners
Zenga double patch pocket dual vent travel blazer with mop buttons 3/2 gutted it doesn't fit me
55% silk Burberry blazer
Measurements and size and good pictures later like tomorrow

stevenkmason

Reaction score

Nah Oakland metro
I didn't realize there were so many punk fans in the thread
I like being in Berkeley because it seems like everyone is into punk, just the other day when I was thrifting with booksandtweed both of us looking preppy as hell and met up with some crusty ass street punks who liked my social distortion patch and tried to buy my American opticals off me

Seeing you guys talking about NA on here was wild for me. Haha. I'm in the Detroit area and I was in a nationally touring hardcore band up until a couple years ago.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seeing you guys talking about NA on here was wild for me. Haha. I'm in the Detroit area and I was in a nationally touring hardcore band up until a couple years ago.

No ****
The vass finder whose handle I can't remember was in a hardcore band that is pretty big now too

futuremyth

Reaction score
Definitely surprised how many punk/HC fans there are in here... Spotted a Hatred Surge profile pic awhile back I think, can't remember who at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads