• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I predict we will hit over 65 participants this year. 

-Your inventory of items to rummage through sounds exhilarating.

I'd love to hit a number like that...I think it's even more fun when we have a large pool of people like that!

It's both exhilarating and intimidating...I'm doing measurements right now on stuff, but I'll probably have a good amount coming in sometime soon. I also desperately need to do some closet cleaning and my office is filling up. Hopefully I'll have plenty of good stuff to send someone's way!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, so the dog has completely caught on to every trick for giving her the 8 types of meds. She has now become ultra resistant against the actual pain medication. We have done peanut butter, bacon, pill pockets, ice cream, cake icing, cheese, brute force, begging, and crying.

Any other ideas?

My fiance who was a vet tech for a number of years says the only other way to do it is force open her mouth, shove the pill down her throat, massage her throat, and inject her with some water with a syringe and the pill will go down.
Congrats dolphin!
+1

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nataku (or anyone who might know), are these the real deal? Sorry for the blurry pictures. Got them off an online seller who had them labeled as Gvisu.

Thanks!

PointDexter2014

Reaction score
My fiance who was a vet tech for a number of years says the only other way to do it is force open her mouth, shove the pill down her throat, massage her throat, and inject her with some water with a syringe and the pill will go down.
+1

This may/may not work. My son is afraid of swallowing his meds. So we mix the contents of the pill in ice cream, sugar, or something else sweet he likes to mask the taste. In your case have you tried hiding the pill in the diner?

PointDexter2014

Reaction score
Quick gift exchange update....

We have about 10 people confirmed as of now, so get signed up! It was a blast last year and I know that I have a lot of things to send! I have 200+ ties, dozens of braces and belts, a few dozen pocket squares, and 75+ shirts to look through for gifts!

How do you sign up?

PointDexter2014

Reaction score
I would consult the vet first. Sometimes pills are specially formulated to be time released. Increasing the surface area increases the rate of absorption, and that could potentially be dangerous or countereffective (e.g., a time release pain medication)

Great point.
This may/may not work. My son is afraid of swallowing his meds. So we mix the contents of the pill in ice cream, sugar, or something else sweet he likes to mask the taste. In your case have you tried hiding the pill in the diner?

PointDexter2014

Reaction score
Our labs always had trouble taking meds too. I know the grabbing the head may be painful, but that was always our most successful method. Would have the pooch sit, reach into the mouth, open it, put pill in, hold mouth closed, and tilt head back a little and make sure they swallowed it. Your situation might be slightly different because of the cone and eye/head pain, but it has been successful for us in the past. Unless Mia likes to use her teeth to chomp, they usually don't mind opening up their mouth. YMMV, of course.

Today is a great day for me.
The Dolphins are 3-0.
The results popped up today...officially passed the bar!
Start work Wednesday.

And found these pretty sweet NOS Gucci's in my size. Emphasis on OLD.

Congrads on passing the bar. What legal field will you specialize in?

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rad! Congratulations!

Quote:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Great point.  
            This may/may not work.  My son is afraid of swallowing his meds.  So we mix the contents of the pill in ice cream, sugar, or something else sweet he likes to mask the taste.  In your case have you tried hiding the pill in the diner?  

That is about the only thing we have not tried. She has already discontinued eating all of her favorite snacks do to finding medicine in them. We don't want to risk her not eating her food anymore. Most of the medication has to be taken on a full stomach.

PointDexter2014

Reaction score
Congrads on passing the bar. What legal field will you specialize in?

Also, the old are the new these days. Some folks are into vintage. And you could possibly make several hundred on your find. I found a Ladies Vintage Berburry Trench Coat. The exact same coat sold for $685 on esty.com. And the condition was LNWOT. But it wasn't new. So, you can possibly flip your find.

Dolfan954

Reaction score
Also, the old are the new these days. Some folks are into vintage. And you could possibly make several hundred on your find. I found a Ladies Vintage Berburry Trench Coat. The exact same coat sold for $685 on esty.com. And the condition was LNWOT. But it wasn't new. So, you can possibly flip your find.

Thanks for all of the love guys, I appreciate all of the kind words. A stressful morning waiting for the results has turned into a wonderful day. You guys rock.

PD - Right now, I am going to be diving pretty heavily into litigation, more specifically securities, probate, and general business litigation. As for the pants, they are for me. I have already taken them to the alterationist to have them tapered.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found some neat stuff over the last week or so:

Turnbull and Asser for Neiman Marcus (looks pretty recent)

Paul Stuart Hacking Jacket with Ghillie collar

Popped my Etro cherry on a tie (doe ties count against cherries?
biggrin.gif
)

Couldn't pass on a NWT VV Martha's tie

And this one's no big whoop, but I love polo collar sweaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads