• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These Mainetti hangers are the best! I have fallen in love with them and watch for them every time I go out. I've got about 5 now
I was thinking about getting a box straight from the source one of these days... box of 30 for $200
http://www.mainettihangerstore.com/acatalog/Wood_Tone.html

I picked up 6 of them (with the Castangia logo) for $4 a while back and actually left about 6 of them at the store. Maybe I shouldn't have done that.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These Mainetti hangers are the best! I have fallen in love with them and watch for them every time I go out. I've got about 5 now
I was thinking about getting a box straight from the source one of these days... box of 30 for $200
http://www.mainettihangerstore.com/acatalog/Wood_Tone.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon
I picked up 6 of them (with the Castangia logo) for $4 a while back and actually left about 6 of them at the store. Maybe I shouldn't have done that.
Definitely not. Regardless of logo, I buy them whenever I can. Usually I try the tactic of buying a sport coat and asking to buy the hanger along with it "So i have something to hang it on in my closet."

More often than not the manager will price it because they are donated goods.

So at $7+shipping a hanger, would anyone want some? I might just buy a box to fill my closet... Don't tell Kirby but I prefer them to THP.

Last edited:

Dolfan954

Reaction score
This the Gerry I'm looking for?!?

Dolfan954

Reaction score

Glad to know somebody got a job from our class/year. :/

Keep fighting! I literally turned down 2 interviews after I took the offer (of course those were larger firms that paid almost double, but I'm extremely happy with my choice. One firm had even sent me a rejection letter that I was too annoyed to reply to. Two weeks later they called me with an immediate need. Reply to all your "dings" and express interest to have your info stored on file. Something will come along!

Wes, glad to hear Mia is doing well! Dolfan, cute dog as well! It's been almost a year since I had to put mine down and I'm really itching to get a new one. Problem is, my wife and I are rarely ever home, so I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. :confused: Speaking of which, I've had zero time for thrifting lately, sorry scavenger hunt dudes. My wife was feeling this, so she actually suggested we go out last Saturday (she hates thrifting) and get this, SHE ACTUALLY HAD A GOOD TIME!!!!! I'm going to try to coax her into going again tomorrow. :devil: Saturdays are the only day's that we actually have any significant time to spend together, so it's kind of a big deal. Highlights included 2 recent HF suits, one from the Mahogany collection, dual vented, working cuffs, the works, and some kittinmittins. I'll try and get some pics up soon.

p.s, what does one wear with a pony hair vest? This is a serious question.

Time is the critical part, for sure. Glad she had a great time! Might be able to make it. Routine lol

PointDexter2014

Reaction score
Here are photos of the trench coat. I will post photos of the other items I listed later this weekend. I will provide measurements to those interested.
I can also get my hands on a London Fog trench coat if anyone is interested. I need to know before 4:30 PM central time.
Burberry London Double Breast Trench Coat - Available.

Last edited:

staxringold

Reaction score

Keep fighting! I literally turned down 2 interviews after I took the offer (of course those were larger firms that paid almost double, but I'm extremely happy with my choice. One firm had even sent me a rejection letter that I was too annoyed to reply to. Two weeks later they called me with an immediate need. Reply to all your "dings" and express interest to have your info stored on file. Something will come along!

I am. But we're well past the 'keep fighting' stage of things. We're talking a year+ of constant job searching, have applied to every single listed position (coupled with dozens of open apps, hopeful applications to places with no stuff no, interviews via contacts, etc) that I'm even arguably qualified for in the state be it government, judicial clerkship, firm, or corporation. And nothing. Waiting to hear following a callback for a position I'd actually like so that's nice. But yeah, we're past the encouragement stage.

Anyways, big ups to catside! Tipped me to this gorgeous suit, exactly a pattern/color I was looking for and fits great (just need to take the sleeves and waist in a touch)! Is this Caruso for BB? Catside thought it was but I can't find any real info (only bit I can really find is that Caruso makes the BBBF stuff). This thread, this thread, and this thread reached no real conclusions. Regardless, looks and feels great, yay catside!

Left a couple fun ties I liked (Rooster cotton blackwatch and a no-name stripe I was fond of) because of bad wear in the knot area. Also, I very much remember this being discussed in thread but I don't remember the outcome. What's the deal with this, Royal seal'ed Van Heusen? Although 'twas my size I left it as it was an odd tone of blue and had plastic buttons.

Last edited:

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More ****** phone pics as my camera is still on loan but is this Grenadine? Have I finally found one?

csoukoulis

Reaction score
glad to see this thread is still movin and groovin! Been rediculously busy with work, but it hink i may hit the thrifts this weekend to see if I've still got it!

hope everyone is well! :)

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some $1.99 ties. Didn't realize the one on the left had a tie tack mark or somehting on it until I got home.

A Joseph Abboud Wool Jacket for $9 Excuse the bathroom sleeve only pic.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to pass on a pure cashmere zegna, a golden fleece blazer and 2 other zegnas. All dated as ****, unvented and ugly (and $40). I overheard a lady at the register complaining about a price that was quoted to her on a pair of lucky jeans. The employee said "but they're 80 dollar jeans." No, they're not, you dolt. They're someone's old ass pair of jeans hanging in a dusty thrift store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads