• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question.

Am I disqualified from my thrifting ban/challenge if I spend $400 at two stores on a Friday morning?

I'm on vacation if that helps.
lurker[1].gif

I guess that's like asking a bunch of alcoholics if it's okay if I start drinking at eight in the morning.
lol8[1].gif

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shout out to barrel and troika picking me up and hooking me up with the only 40 XL suit with size tabs ever to exist
Also handserhund where were you bro

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shout out to barrel and troika picking me up and hooking me up with the only 40 XL suit with size tabs ever to exist
Also handserhund where were you bro
puzzled.gif

Randomore

Reaction score
Casual Friday thrift fit:

Jacket: Turist (thrift)
Shirt: Gitman Vintage for Opening Ceremony (thrift)
Jeans: Simon MIller (thrift)
Shoes: Hanover Shell Cordovan (via Ebay this week)

I have the same exact shirt only it is from Seize sur Vingt that I wore today with Simon Miller Denim and Longwings... Stay out of my closet!

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He's just embarrassed he paid $24.99

you would have won the price is right rules, but you went over. not by much, but rules are rules.
nothing cray cray today, but a couple of things.

rayxlui

Reaction score

Me three, Bullock & Jones. (Or maybe Maus & Hoffman can't find the damn thing now)

4. RLPL and Simon Miller as well haha.

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Popped some cherries today. First Charvet shirt, and it fits me. Have to say, the loro piana, borrelli, and barba shirts I have are much nicer though.
Also found two mint condition bespoke suits from the same guy and they fit me too, which has never happened before..one navy chalk stripe and the other mid grey chalk stripe.
And:
RLPL plaid wool/angora flannel pants, made in Italy.
RRL extra fine wool chunky shawl collar navy sweater (that fits too)
Brioni dress shirt
Loro piana cotton+cashmere for SFA pants, unhemmed unworn.

And I came home to find my SuitSupply sc waiting for me....good day!

I shall try and post pics tomorrow...the RLPL pants I'll make you all drool.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are finds from yesterday and today. While taking pictures, I realized that I'd found stuff at the Salvy, put it behind the counter so I could go upstairs to look for the scavenger hunt items, then come downstairs and walked right out. Without the items. A PRL Italy (but not Corneliani??) linen blazer, a PRL USA navy blazer and a kick ASS Altea tie. Hope it's all still there tomorrow. Anyway, without further ado.... Cray cray Sanfords in chestnut. Very little wear. 9.5, available
Shirts, L to R: Joseph Turner (a lesser known Jermyn Streeter; quality is just below T&A, on par with Hilditch; real MOPs); Hilditch, Lewin, Lewin, Jack Spade (seemed quality and MOPs, but closer inspection revealed Made in China. :( ), NWT Vineyard Vines on half price. Keeping at least the Lewins.
Noname flat front glenplaid with PANK overcheck. N/A
Scratch and dent Brioni trou
Mabitex w. LP fabric. Great condition.
J Press trench. Tagged 36, but It fits me(ish), even with a jacket on. Dunno if I'll keep.
Scratch and dent Loro Piana branded trou x 2
Was sad to pass on a cool Su Misura orphan, but the one that really broke my heart was a pair of Chipp olive green flannel flat fronts with a HUGE hole that wasn't worth fixing. Still pissed off about that Altea.

Last edited:

fastfiat81

Reaction score
I rarely post in the AE appreciation thread and have lurked here for a couple of years. Found these today at lunch in an obscure location. 9C :happy:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

any country fans?
Cool! While perusing Ebay, I realized that vintage concert shirts can be hot ticket items. Perhaps not those, though that AJ one looks cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads