• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toscano_adottato

Reaction score
Isaia Aquaspider Midnight Navy three button. Size 42 in excellent condition. Available for equivalent trade (doesn't have to be a suit) or sale for what I paid. No profit to me but this was a Ebay purchase that didn't quite workout size wise. PM if interested.

Chest (underarm to underarm) - 22"
Sleeves (shoulder seam to cuff hem) - 23"
Shoulders (seam to seam) - 20"

Length (seam at collar bottom to bottom hem) - 30.5"

PANTS
Waist - 36" with No LetOut
Inseam - 29.25" with 1/2" LetOut
Top to Bottom - 40"
Bottom Hem Width - 8.75"
Rise - 11"

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Isaia Aquaspider Midnight Navy three button. Size 42 in excellent condition. Available for equivalent trade (doesn't have to be a suit) or sale for what I paid. No profit to me but this was a Ebay purchase that didn't quite workout size wise. PM if interested.
Chest (underarm to underarm) - 22"
Sleeves (shoulder seam to cuff hem) - 23"
Shoulders (seam to seam) - 20"

Length (seam at collar bottom to bottom hem) - 30.5"

PANTS
Waist - 36" with No LetOut
Inseam - 29.25" with 1/2" LetOut
Top to Bottom - 40"
Bottom Hem Width - 8.75"
Rise - 11"

Brag, trade or for sale post?
nest.gif

On that note, FINALLY find a nice par of shoes after a few month dry spell.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

On another note, I always find it fascinating to see the high level of work that goes into these shirts.

Really? Where? I was just thinking the exact opposite: they seem identical to shirts 1/4th the price.

SPOO -- soz bro, that polo was slightly crusty, and was given immediately away.

Last edited:

toscano_adottato

Reaction score
Chest (underarm to underarm) - 22" Sleeves (shoulder seam to cuff hem) - 23" Shoulders (seam to seam) - 20" Length (seam at collar bottom to bottom hem) - 30.5" PANTS Waist - 36" with No LetOut Inseam - 29.25" with 1/2" LetOut Top to Bottom - 40" Bottom Hem Width - 8.75" Rise - 11"
Brag, trade or for sale post? :nest: On that note, FINALLY find a nice par of shoes after a few month dry spell.
Does it matter anymore? People like you have already turned it into your own personal sales thread while hiding behind the the spam icon. At least I am not pretending for it to be anything other than what I post. I'll make no profit at all and would prefer trade. You are the biggest hypocrite on this thread Brian, especially since way back in the beginning of my participation, I proxied two pairs of shoes for you at no cost to you. No even a finder's fee IIRC.

toscano_adottato

Reaction score
Chest (underarm to underarm) - 22" Sleeves (shoulder seam to cuff hem) - 23" Shoulders (seam to seam) - 20" Length (seam at collar bottom to bottom hem) - 30.5" PANTS Waist - 36" with No LetOut Inseam - 29.25" with 1/2" LetOut Top to Bottom - 40" Bottom Hem Width - 8.75" Rise - 11"
Brag, trade or for sale post? :nest: On that note, FINALLY find a nice par of shoes after a few month dry spell.
Does it matter anymore? People like you have already turned it into your own personal sales thread while hiding behind the the spam icon. At least I am not pretending for it to be anything other than what I post. I'll make no profit at all and would prefer trade. You are the biggest hypocrite on this thread Brian, especially since way back in the beginning of my participation, I proxied two pairs of shoes for you at no cost to you. No even a finder's fee IIRC.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote:
Brag, trade or for sale post?
nest.gif

On that note, FINALLY find a nice par of shoes after a few month dry spell.

Does it matter anymore? People like you have already turned it into your own personal sales thread while hiding behind the the spam icon. At least I am not pretending for it to be anything other than what I post. I'll make no profit at all and would prefer trade.

You are the biggest hypocrite on this thread Brian, especially since way back in the beginning of my participation, I proxied two pairs of shoes for you at no cost to you. No even a finder's fee IIRC.
A) LMFAO

B) I was just poking fun and giving you a hard time (isnt that what the little poking fun bee stick is for). I give everyone a hard time. New guys, old guys, guys who I trade with, guys who I consign for, everyone (don't you go feeling special or anything now). I don't discriminate and people give me a hard time to.

C) Personal sales thread ******! That I honestly take offense to. My only 'spam' has been to give a heads up to LARGE inventory consignments before they get posted to give thread members first shot and that's been twice (Hickey Freeman and Isaia) and I was called out for doing it with the Isaia which I still think was more of a nice gesture then anything else, but don't heads up wont be given again. Maybe you have me confused with someone??

D) I would have to go look and if you did, thanks (EDIT - I went and looked 12/2011, I think 2 pairs of AE Garner shoes) Would be surprised if I didnt pay you cost + shipping or at least offer as most of the time when I get a good deal from a thread member I send more then they are even asking for). If not, I owe you one (or two), and let me know if I have something you want. I think everyone I have traded with, bought from or sold to who is an active member of this thread thinks I'm a pretty stand up guy (or I'm just fooling myself). Either way, thanks again if I didnt say it the first time
fistbump.gif

E) I don't call you minding when I threw in an extra Corneliani tie after I think getting a great deal on two others you really wanted......

Last edited:

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A) LMFAO that people get soo riled up.

B) I was just poking fun and giving you a hard time (isnt that what the little poking fun bee stick is for). I give everyone a hard time. New guys, old guys, guys who I trade with, guys who I consign for, everyone (don't you go feeling special or anything now). I don't discriminate and people give me a hard time to.

C) Personal sales thread ******! That I honestly take offense to. My only 'spam' has been to give a heads up to LARGE inventory consignments before they get posted to give thread members first shot and that's been twice (Hickey Freeman and Isaia) and I was called out for doing it with the Isaia which I still think was more of a nice gesture then anything else, but don't heads up wont be given again. Maybe you have me confused with someone??

D) I would have to go look and if you did, thanks (EDIT - I went and looked 12/2011, I think 2 pairs of AE Garner shoes) Would be surprised if I didnt pay you cost + shipping or at least offer as most of the time when I get a good deal from a thread member I send more then they are even asking for). If not, I owe you one (or two), and let me know if I have something you want. I think everyone I have traded with, bought from or sold to who is an active member of this thread thinks I'm a pretty stand up guy (or I'm just fooling myself). Either way, thanks again if I didnt say it the first time :fistbump:

E).......

codhead

Reaction score

All in all, an odd day of thrifting. Could use some opinions... Opinion time. Ticket pocket. Two button surgeons cuffs. I don't recognize the Tailor.
LL
LL
LL
LL
The tailor's not one that springs readily to mind but unless my eyes are funny or you have a camera with lens shift, that ticket pocket looks to be cut on a more acute angle than the pocket below it

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A) LMFAO

D) I would have to go look and if you did, thanks (EDIT - I went and looked 12/2011, I think 2 pairs of AE Garner shoes) Would be surprised if I didnt pay you cost + shipping or at least offer as most of the time when I get a good deal from a thread member I send more then they are even asking for). If not, I owe you one (or two), and let me know if I have something you want. I think everyone I have traded with, bought from or sold to who is an active member of this thread thinks I'm a pretty stand up guy (or I'm just fooling myself). Either way, thanks again if I didnt say it the first time :fistbump:

Now, now--both of you: Let's not get niggardly.

Pupatl

Reaction score
cheers.gif
Very jealous, I got the chance to spend the last two falls out in Palm Springs, and want to move there. But this year it looks like I'll only get to spent 2 weeks - at least it will be all vacation, no working. My co-workers made fun of me for being excited about getting to go to the 1/2 price thrift store sale - when I had to fly all the way across the country to get there. ("Look - I got a pair of pants for $4! Think how much money I saved!")
Finally caught up with the thread, so let me say - good job everyone, with everything!

Thrifting around here has been light lately, nothing too special.

Spent some time in Palm Springs rocking this dandy pair of trousers I got off of EBay:

Steve Kane

Reaction score
You know I don't normally pull down stuff like that, because its just not around here. But since you started it....

Nice! I found an RLPL shirt today that was so beautiful, but looked liked the owner had been stabbed in it. The tag was cut out and there was a giant gash down the front of the shirt. Truly disheartening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members