• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikethelights

Reaction score
Nothing really in one thrift stop but had a somewhat agonizing moment at a local discount store. The winter coats have hit 90% off and there's a Hickey Freeman navy blue LP storm system coat for $150 ($1495 retail) in a size Medium. Only issue is the zipper pull is completely broken off at the top not allowing for trying it on...

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few of the notables from yesterday...

Finally got one of these, have been hoping to snag one for forever. And it's my size, so N/A.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Was bummed because it looks like it needs waxing, so I'd have to figure that all out. Checked the pocket, then...

Completely unused. SWEET.

Awesome old school buffalo plaid shacket from Sears & Roebucks.

Quick question: Nataku - am I right in estimating this is from the 1950s-1960s?

Amazing Filson Mackina-type pants. These things seriously weigh like 3 pounds and are amazing. N/A

Nice styling (side vent, ticket pocket, skinny lapels), but J. Crew, so who gives a ****, right?

Well that was surprising. Seriously some of the softest wool I've come across. Really nice, tagged Summer 2011. Doesn't seem like an orphan (brown buttons, soft shoulder), might be a suit separate or whatever.

Finally, here's a name that doesn't show up here very often. In fact, unless I'm mistaken, I think I was the last one to post one, probably around 7-8 months ago...

Amazing electric blue, self-tipped, unlined. So cool. Keeping, N/A.

Last edited:

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Popped my Arc'teryx cherry. Nice soft shell... Tag is not legible, but I think it's a mens small

Thrifted one of these in size L about a month ago. Shoulders and arms are fine, but a little (OK a lot) snug around the midsection. Debating whether to keep in the hope I slim down or throw it on the bay.

Went back to the place where I got all the Trafalgar and BB braces the other day and saw a pair of unmarked braces with the Jaguar logo in the leather where the straps meet. Color of straps were navy with horizontal stripes and I can't find example anywhere on line. Are there collectors of Jaguar wear like Ferrari or Mercedes?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Anyway, thrift fit.

Best haul you ever found and best fit you ever posted, back to back? Youre on a hot streak, son. Well done. LMK if that POW RL has 26" sleeves.

Nice. I just ordered two more pairs of the 1944s, which supposedly fit a few inches large in the waist. I normally take a 36. Will probably have to return most of the 34 x 36s I ordered but am hoping I can make the 1944s work.

PM me if they dont, please.

Amazing electric blue, self-tipped, unlined.  So cool.

You thrifted a ******* Mattuozo?!?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stuff from today
Paul Stuart by Isaia ( Dual vent, tagged 45M, so medium length?) One more Zegna 15milmil15 Sport coat (tagged 54, dual vent) Okay, done with the old people stuff. I want some street shitzzzzzzzzz! Why you buy poop colored pants?! DIS WHY! Lanvin X Acne Did i find a fake RG shirt? it doesn't have a Wisdom Truth Stupidity strip on the bottom
Nice finds! Didn't even know Lanvin and Acne did a collab. :wow:
Nothing really in one thrift stop but had a somewhat agonizing moment at a local discount store. The winter coats have hit 90% off and there's a Hickey Freeman navy blue LP storm system coat for $150 ($1495 retail) in a size Medium. Only issue is the zipper pull is completely broken off at the top not allowing for trying it on...
Saw this the last time I was in there. Made me sad. Wonder if the price will drop any more...
A few of the notables from yesterday... Finally got one of these, have been hoping to snag one for forever. And it's my size, so N/A.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Was bummed because it looks like it needs waxing, so I'd have to figure that all out. Checked the pocket, then... Completely unused. SWEET. Awesome old school buffalo plaid shacket from Sears & Roebucks. Quick question: Nataku - am I right in estimating this is from the 1950s-1960s? Amazing Filson Mackina-type pants. These things seriously weigh like 3 pounds and are amazing. N/A Nice styling (side vent, ticket pocket, skinny lapels), but J. Crew, so who gives a ****, right?
Well that was surprising. Seriously some of the softest wool I've come across. Really nice, tagged Summer 2011. Doesn't seem like an orphan (brown buttons, soft shoulder), might be a suit separate or whatever.
Finally, here's a name that doesn't show up here very often. In fact, unless I'm mistaken, I think I was the last one to post one, probably around 7-8 months ago...
LL
Wow, this haul is full of WIN! - The owner of that Barbour must have either been lazy or really considerate of the next owner. - I think you're spot on with the dates on the Pilgrim. I'd say very early 60's. - Those Filson pants...if you every decide to part with them and they are a 34-36 waist, I'm your guy. Wow... :drool: - J.Crew Ludlow is super desirable. The cut is fantastic and as you saw, their fabrics are quite amazing as well. - GRAIL ALERT! Anna Matuozzo at a thrift?! I don't think we've ever seen that label on here before. Edit: Looks like it has been and you found the other one too! Talk about luck!

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are awesome. :nodding:. Not dogging on these - but I think these might be slightly more used than appearances show, as it looks like the soles and heels were painted black after use. I see so many auctions where people paint worn out soles black to make them look newer it drives me nuts.

Sorry - just a little rant - the shoes are beautiful nonetheless and don't look too worn either, as you stated.

Amadar that was my first thought as well. After looking online it seems that is how shoe is sold.

This.

Alden does black soles on all of their black shoes. These are NWOB BB penny loafers I had a while back.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I'm looking at this

what do you guys think

I'm very confused. Are you bragging or looking for approval on your find or looking to buy it and want opinions?? If the later, your in the wrong thread, but its a nice looking jacket made by Saint Andrews.

A few of the notables from yesterday...

Finally got one of these, have been hoping to snag one for forever. And it's my size, so N/A.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Was bummed because it looks like it needs waxing, so I'd have to figure that all out. Checked the pocket, then...

Completely unused. SWEET.

Awesome old school buffalo plaid shacket from Sears & Roebucks.

Quick question: Nataku - am I right in estimating this is from the 1950s-1960s?

Amazing Filson Mackina-type pants. These things seriously weigh like 3 pounds and are amazing. N/A

Nice styling (side vent, ticket pocket, skinny lapels), but J. Crew, so who gives a ****, right?

J Crew Ludlow is $$$$. I looked at a few on sale in the store and they are nice jackets/suits. Can't see spending that kind of money for J Crew but were very nice and do extreamly well on ebay. Also, that tie is SICK!

Pure Brag Below......

Brooks Brothers Regent Navy Bold Pinstripe Dual Vent Flat Front Pants Suit

Brooks Brothers Brookscool Gray Pinstripe Fully Canvassed Suit

Last edited:

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've started thrifting stuff recently, and I see a LOT of Harris Tweed in my area. Is it worth picking up to resell on Ebay? I can typically buy it for around $10-$17.

I'm from Canada, so costs of shipping to the US may mean less bidders.

I know the reselling seems to be frowned upon here, but I'm a broke student with more time than money, so it is what it is.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the thread. As you hinted, this isn't the place to ask "How much can I make selling X?" Check eBay completed listings to find the info you're looking for. For any other eBay stuff, there is a separate thread that HansderHund started.

Looking forward to seeing your brag-worthy finds posted here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads