• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjt73106

Reaction score
JtjYQvx.jpg

Seemingly mint complete bang and olufsen beomaster 6500... Cop for 400?
If it works I would probably take a chance on it. Selling it separately would be the optimal way to maximize your return, but it may take some time to move. Check it out prior to purchase.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd pass on that B&O at that price Mainy. Too expensive to flip comfortably, and not ideal for personal use as the stylus costs $400+ on those. Found out the hard way when I paid 75 for a Beogram turntable and went to buy a new stylus for it.

Last edited:

mhtcjt37

Reaction score
Picked up a couple things from Marshalls that are likely going to go to the bay, but if anyone's interested in a trade let me know.

Polo Distressed Denim Blazer 40 (tagged 40L but doesn't seem Long to me) with functioning button cuffs.

Polo Ralph Lauren Red Shawl Collar Sweater, Wool and Cashmere sz Medium with leather buttons

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Yes, the Dior is crap. And please, please stop posting your "hauls" until you've read the last 4,000+ pages. Sorry to sound like an ass, but everything you've posted has been answered time and time again in this thread and I'm tired of looking at the same garbage I see at my daily spots.

Ok, im going to manually go back another 40 ******* pages for this... I've seen you post one great haul, thats it, no other hauls great or otherwise, the rest of your hauls are just bitching about what other people post, some of which isn't bad at all (vtg eddie bauer and other underappreciated stuff). While lurking and occassionally posting baller finds is all and well, making 90% of your sporadic posts just to ***** at other people is uncouth to say the least. :end rant: Sorry, ill be the first to jump on some asshole, but im not about to jump on someone who doesn't know wtf they're doing AND trying to learn as he is. He's doing his best, and looking for advice, that's WTF we're here for IMHO. Will I look through some straight bullshit so that we can develop another contributing member of the thread? HELL YES. Im sure we can all agree, we've gotten much better at this over time, and that some of our most valued pieces have come from this thread. I've had people from this thread help me with various facets OF MY LIFE, let alone clothing, if we didn't try to nurture a cordial environment then everyone would be stuck with their own finds and we would all be more poorly dressed. If we all acted like you, we might very well have no Ian (STOKED for your NWOT dries van noten) , no barrel who is always willing to help a brotha out, and most of all NO DM7. So kiss my ******* ass, teaching and being somewhat patient is different than being an asshole and stifling any newcomer.
If you've got a problem with my statement, again, suck it, I think most around here would agree that I do my best to help anyone, and have contributed some pretty goddamned cool pieces of clothing to various wardrobes ( i might not ship on time though, but i will never, ever **** you over).
PS to everyone else, i know this is old, but im catching up... and the whiskey is getting to me, in that fighting mood, even though im listening to Van morrison.

datsunfan

Reaction score

I thought Jack Victor was a store... Maybe I've got that wrong.

Yep, you've got that wrong. Jack Victor is a manufacturer. They also make the "Made in Canada" Saks Fifth Avenue branded suits and sport coats that are sold in Off 5th.

Last edited:

los_face

Reaction score
A few recent pick ups for myself. Have a bunch for the bay and trade but haven't taken pics yet.

Pal Zileri linen button down. Fits like a glove and will be nice and breezy once patio weather hits.

There have been a couple epic tie hauls recently but I'll settle for these for now
Paisley Burberry, horsebit SF, fish Italo Ferretti (makes Brioni ties I believe), Zegna

Passed on some Raichle hiking boots a month or 2 back because they didn't fit and didn't realize there was a market for em. Have been looking for some solid vintage hiking boots ever since.
Tyrol hiking boots in my size with those dirty red laces

These things are beasts, thick leather, heavy vibram lug soles. They weigh like 5lbs each...pure awesome!
Couldn't find much info on em but i think they were made in Europe for the Canadian market for 50 years or so then went out of business in the early 80s.

Hanna Hats donnegal tweed patchwork cap. This thing is a beaut and the website says that each patchwork piece is different as they just use whatever scaps fits to make it work.

And in case my cap gets lonely, I got her a friend

Full canvas, 3/4 lined Crombie tweed by Freedman SC for the spring

She's missing some of her cuff buttons but that should be an easy swap out and will be closing up the center vent

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm horrible at this, but it looks like Kiton to me

I knew it was either Kiton or Brioni. I passed on it. It was dated. Lower end of conservative gorge, unvented and jetted pockets. Most likely an orphan. Small stain on the lapel. First Brioni seen in the wild but it broke my heart to see it in such a sad state.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Well, I was looking forward to hanging up the cotton/poly uniform in 6 weeks to work from home (ebay) and take care of my new baby. Then somebody ran a stop sign. Awaiting surgery now to put my leg back together.  Already had a few people say, "Hope you like sweat pants!" Oh boy. Keep them finds rocking boys, I'll be experiencing the thrill of the hunt by proxy for a bit.

I am very sorry to hear this, and I hope you are on the mend soon!

Are you in NJ? I have passed a very similar Chipp Flag tie a few times now. If not this one and someone wants one, I can grab it. I assume they make ties with all different flags?

I want.

Can someone remind me of the maker? No other tags...

Brioni.

Nah. I don't have time to go through all the pants when I have my 2 1/2 year old with me.

****, I know that feeling all to well. Wait a year until they can really articulate how pissed they are to be there.

Honest opinion, are there any kiton suits I should never pass up?

Shitstains are usually a good start.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, im going to manually go back another 40 ******* pages for this... I've seen you post one great haul, thats it, no other hauls great or otherwise, the rest of your hauls are just bitching about what other people post, some of which isn't bad at all (vtg eddie bauer and other underappreciated stuff). While lurking and occassionally posting baller finds is all and well, making 90% of your sporadic posts just to ***** at other people is uncouth to say the least. :end rant: Sorry, ill be the first to jump on some asshole, but im not about to jump on someone who doesn't know wtf they're doing AND trying to learn as he is. He's doing his best, and looking for advice, that's WTF we're here for IMHO. Will I look through some straight bullshit so that we can develop another contributing member of the thread? HELL YES. Im sure we can all agree, we've gotten much better at this over time, and that some of our most valued pieces have come from this thread. I've had people from this thread help me with various facets OF MY LIFE, let alone clothing, if we didn't try to nurture a cordial environment then everyone would be stuck with their own finds and we would all be more poorly dressed. If we all acted like you, we might very well have no Ian (STOKED for your NWOT dries van noten) , no barrel who is always willing to help a brotha out, and most of all NO DM7. So kiss my ******* ass, teaching and being somewhat patient is different than being an asshole and stifling any newcomer.
If you've got a problem with my statement, again, suck it, I think most around here would agree that I do my best to help anyone, and have contributed some pretty goddamned cool pieces of clothing to various wardrobes ( i might not ship on time though, but i will never, ever **** you over).
PS to everyone else, i know this is old, but im catching up... and the whiskey is getting to me, in that fighting mood, even though im listening to Van morrison.
+30000 I was probably one of the worst (in terms of sheer dickness and arrogance and spam) noobs and I didn't really get flamed that much (except for some cart kicking and mexi action) if I just quit I would never have learned 1/100 of what I have learned here and a few of you would be missing out on some (I like to think) cool items I have hooked you up with. also +1000 on the barrel comment dude is probably my most solid homie on the forum
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
also thanks on the dries van noten compliment I feel like that got almost no reaction, I mean **** everything was still sewn shut and it is a damn high fashion tux jacket and I found it in the worst thrift in my area...

Dolfan954

Reaction score
Anyone have any more thoughts on this? I looked up the RN number and it just comes up as Jack Victor. It's well made... Dunno. That almost looks like Caruso, but wrong continent.

I am 99% certain JV does their own suits. I picked up another suit brand once with same label, looked up RN and it showed up as JV. So, I think they do their own stuff and make for others too. I can't think of the other brand off the top of my head right now though...

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honest opinion, are there any kiton suits I should never pass up?

Shitstains are usually a good start.

What would you do? Say you find a staple Kiton suit in your size, two years old, barely worn—but obviously someone took a dump in it. Automatic pass? Or send it to Rave Fabricare and tell them to nuke it?

By the way, the only Kiton suit I ever found I did pass on. Staple navy, but it looked like it had been run over by a truck. Absolutely useless condition.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How weird, I found this exact jacket a few weeks back (though much more worse for wear. I need to find a good leather cleaner to get it taken care of), and planned on posting it in a bragging post along with some other sick ass super vintage stuff I've happened across recently.

I predict a PM from Nataku in your very near future....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads