• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
I continue to not understand why these are so popular.

Because an RG shirt is all you need to go from being just another boring suburban dad to THE COOLEST SUBURBAN DAD AT THE BARBECUE!

No...

This deserves 1000% of the love it got. I've always felt houndstooth made me look like an old man, but you've convinced me otherwise good sir.

Interesting. I assumed it was only seasonal stuff, but our shops are so much smaller they don't have the space. During the colder months, I'll see 10 or so polos and during the warmer months 2-3 sweaters.
Will do!

About the only pants I've found that fit me this winter in Toronto have been linen/light cotton. Oh well, guess I'll be ready for the warmer temperatures.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went out of town for the weekend. Picked these up at the thrift:

Top, Viyella M; Bottom, Pink Ladies size 10

Marshalls pick-ups
PRL Yellow Flat Front Chinos 32/32

Billy Reid x3, perfect for the spring, $9 a piece

What is the deal with Peter Millar ties? Hand folded? What is this a 6-fold?? The Silk on the right is the softest I have ever felt.
Peter Millar x3, check out the details

Johnstons Scarf, probably a ladies but I like it so I think I am going to rock it and not care

CT-16/35

Billy Reid Size L Available

Last edited:

ilikethelights

Reaction score
Haven't been out much recently at all but a couple pickups from one stop:

AE Fairhaven shortwings 10.5D. A little worn on the front but worth the cheap price

Vintage Woolrich Herringbone flannel pants, 34 waist (available sold)

Been hoping the remainder of some stuff I've been eyeing at Marshalls would drop a little more as the racks get sparse but no luck

Last edited:

Stewie

Reaction score
Need some flipping advice, should I kop or not? Will get a 20% discount tomorrow...

Balenciaga Spring/Summer 2011 Patchwork Low-Top Sneaker

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CesarC

Reaction score
Nice pickups; scarf looks good, man. My local Marshall's is like a post-apocalyptic wasteland compared to the seas of RLPL, RLBL, and other good stuff during the holiday season. I headed back today to proxy some Dents gloves for someone here (no mediums left at $15, but larges still available in black for $24, can still proxy). Found Pantherella merino sized regular, will take pics tomorrow, all possibly available: green mid-calf, OTC in tan and purple. Passed on 2pairs cotton black below-the-calf at $10 each. I passed some wearable Versace narrow ties for $60, but I did find this cool Moschino tie I almost picked up for myself:

http://www.forzieri.com/usa/product_view.asp?l=usa&c=usa&dept_id=1&sku=ms220211-001-01&nc=1

At $40 I couldn't justify it, but if someone wants a proxy, let me know.

Marshalls pick-ups
PRL Yellow Flat Front Chinos 32/32

Billy Reid x3, perfect for the spring, $9 a piece

What is the deal with Peter Millar ties? Hand folded? What is this a 6-fold?? The Silk on the right is the softest I have ever felt.
Peter Millar x3, check out the details

Johnstons Scarf, probably a ladies but I like it so I think I am going to rock it and not care

CT-16/35

Billy Reid Size L Available

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is awesome!

pass. and what kind of thrift store knows what balenciaga is? lol

If the thrift chain Unique Thrift exists where he is, I'll bet that's where it is. :lol:

The Unique by me had a Linn Sondek stereo system for sale for over a year at $6,000. First of all, how the hell do they know what Linn Sondek even is and second is that this store is in a lower to lower-middle class area. People there aren't going to fish out $6,000 for a stereo! Not sure what happened to it as it's gone now. It sat for well over a year with no price drops.

Why not? Must see!

Oh alright, I suppose. Didn't snap photos initially as they need a good week in some shoe trees and some leather conditioner. Beck is in possession of the rest of the goods.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Unique by me had a Linn Sondek stereo system for sale for over a year at $6,000. First of all, how the hell do they know what Linn Sondek even is and second is that this store is in a lower to lower-middle class area. People there aren't going to fish out $6,000 for a stereo! Not sure what happened to it as it's gone now. It sat for well over a year with no price drops.
Oh alright, I suppose. Didn't snap photos initially as they need a good week in some shoe trees and some leather conditioner. Beck is in possession of the rest of the goods.

Someone has an Iphone lol

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pickups; scarf looks good, man. My local Marshall's is like a post-apocalyptic wasteland compared to the seas of RLPL, RLBL, and other good stuff during the holiday season. I headed back today to proxy some Dents gloves for someone here (no mediums left at $15, but larges still available in black for $24, can still proxy). Found Pantherella merino sized regular, will take pics tomorrow, all possibly available: green mid-calf, OTC in tan and purple. Passed on 2pairs cotton black below-the-calf at $10 each. I passed some wearable Versace narrow ties for $60, but I did find this cool Moschino tie I almost picked up for myself:

http://www.forzieri.com/usa/product_view.asp?l=usa&c=usa&dept_id=1&sku=ms220211-001-01&nc=1

At $40 I couldn't justify it, but if someone wants a proxy, let me know.
I had no idea that this was a special edition, still thinking I am glad I passed on it for $29.

bigtimebuck4

Reaction score
Local thrift store gets alterations rejections from Zegna retailer, so essentially brand new but the hem on the pant or sleeve on the jacket was too short, etc.. picked up a pair of navy Zegna trousers for $75. They have a black pair I may go back for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads