• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubcbadass

Reaction score
what size, bro?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I got a message from Spoo earlier this morning (PDT), he seems to be doing fine.

MY POWER JUST CAME BACK!!! *whew*

Someone have cliffnotes?

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got some good stuff today.

Isn't this the stuff of trad dreams?

This probably won't interest anyone here, but will go far with the Wall Street types. The epitome of a power suit.

Tell me more about this Brooks Brothers label ....

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Someone have cliffnotes?

Good to hear that you're alive and well. Any damage? We're still waiting on Brianpore to get back to us (probably among others).

A Kiton suit and tie, Raf Simons overcoat (someone enlighten me), a handfull of Brioni, Mezlan boots, seal boots, Céline jeans, RRL jeans and I'm sure a bunch I've missed. Actually, when the east coast US shuts down, this thread also slows.

Oh, and I started drinking a couple of hours ago due to a 4 day weekend.

Last edited:

dubcbadass

Reaction score
first ever thrift fit pic

seasonal beard (free)
bb super soft herringbone sc (9.99)
blue ocbd (1.99)
bb makers tie, unobtrusive pattern (0.99)
chinos (5.99 + 7 in tailoring)
belt (retail)
basically like new park avenues (standard ebay bidding war price)

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

first ever thrift fit pic

seasonal beard (free)
bb super soft herringbone sc (9.99)
blue ocbd (1.99)
bb makers tie, unobtrusive pattern (0.99)
chinos (5.99 + 7 in tailoring)
belt (retail)
basically like new park avenues (standard ebay bidding war price)

Looks good (that is a red beard!), but I'd swap the black shoes for something brown. Tie/shirt combo looks great, but I'd let the sleeves down on that odd jacket. Looks good overall!

LooknGr8

Reaction score

A few guys here have PMed me with pictures of some of their secret santa gifts and I have to say that there are going to be some happy people.

Mine will be. Heh. I stumbled into something today I had been looking for for myself for some time, in brilliant shape. MF'er was my Secret Santa victim's exact MF'ing size. And not mine. :fu:

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The second is a dark green Raf Simons overcoat. The tag indicates it's from the 2000-1 F/W season. It's a 38 (48 European), so too small for me. I'll be chucking it up on eBay.

Wow, two huge grail finds! The La Vera Sartoriale is gorgeous !! Raf Simons is hard to come by as well and you have an overcoat to boot! :slayer:

I got a message from Spoo earlier this morning (PDT), he seems to be doing fine.

Someone have cliffnotes?

Good to hear! I was worried about all our East Coast members. Watched a video of the front of a 3 story building literally disappear from a huge gust of wind (or so it looked like) in NYC.

Had an ok day today. Couple skeet blankets and an amazing Cucinelli button-up. All are size M.

My heart sank though as I saw a guy with 5 or 6 super nice dress shirts draped over his arm that very well could have been more Cucinelli or something else crazy from the same donor. Doh!

LooknGr8

Reaction score

Jesus christ, almighty! Seals! Sorry, G, but you'll have to find some sunglasses to pair those with, 'cuz you'se goin' straight to Hades... :devil:.

So I recently bid on some snakeskin loafers on the Spoo eBay, which is tantamount to the heroin dealer sampling his own stock because I'm sending boxes of stuff to him nowadays.

I didn't win.

But I ended up with them because the winning bidder lives in California, where it is ILLEGAL to ship them to.

That gave me pause.

For a second.

Then I happily wore them. Previous owner (SF member, unknown) was courteous enough to Topy them, even! Hell. In a handbasket.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Good to hear that you're alive and well. Any damage? We're still waiting on Brianpore to get back to us (probably among others).
Oh, and I started drinking a couple of hours ago due to a 4 day weekend.

Brian, if he is OK, which I am sure he is - will be out of internet comish for quite some time. Jersey is the equivalent of ground zero for this storm.

I lost power for 2.5 days, which is the equivalent of a crack addict without a fix, but I am now dosing slowly and back to ignoring my family. :lol: Aside from being stuck inside with a barking dog and a cabin fevered 3 year old and a bored wife, we lost part of our front porch, which I was never particularly fond of anyhow, a few screen windows, and my wifes car got flooded, but everyone is safe. I have about 350 emails and PMs to get back to, plus 250 belts to photograph, so time for a cuppa joe and get back to work!

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Mine will be. Heh. I stumbled into something today I had been looking for for myself for some time, in brilliant shape. MF'er was my Secret Santa victim's exact MF'ing size. And not mine. :fu:

It's all paying tribute to the thrifting gods. I'm not superstitious, but I've noticed that I've found things that are trending on this thread. It can't be that I'm on the lookout for them because I've read about them because my stores are small enough that I go through EVERYTHING each time I visit. It will make a full circle and come back to you, so no worries :D

Wow, two huge grail finds! The La Vera Sartoriale is gorgeous !! Raf Simons is hard to come by as well and you have an overcoat to boot! :slayer:
Good to hear! I was worried about all our East Coast members. Watched a video of the front of a 3 story building literally disappear from a huge gust of wind (or so it looked like) in NYC.
Had an ok day today. Couple skeet blankets and an amazing Cucinelli button-up. All are size M.
My heart sank though as I saw a guy with 5 or 6 super nice dress shirts draped over his arm that very well could have been more Cucinelli or something else crazy from the same donor. Doh!

I don't know Raf Simons...would you mind filling me in on the name? Where it's made, by whom, year founded, anything at all would help! Well done on the Cucinelli. I found my first last week and I'm sold...quality is unbelievable.

So I recently bid on some snakeskin loafers on the Spoo eBay, which is tantamount to the heroin dealer sampling his own stock because I'm sending boxes of stuff to him nowadays.
I didn't win.
But I ended up with them because the winning bidder lives in California, where it is ILLEGAL to ship them to.
That gave me pause.
For a second.
Then I happily wore them. Previous owner (SF member, unknown) was courteous enough to Topy them, even! Hell. In a handbasket.

I know I've mentioned it before, but my wife hates my croc and ostrich shoes. Not because of anything related to animal rights, but simply because she hates them. Anyway, as long as it's not on the endangered list, I'll wear it without guilt.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Brian, if he is OK, which I am sure he is - will be out of internet comish for quite some time. Jersey is the equivalent of ground zero for this storm.
I lost power for 2.5 days, which is the equivalent of a crack addict without a fix, but I am now dosing slowly and back to ignoring my family. :lol: Aside from being stuck inside with a barking dog and a cabin fevered 3 year old and a bored wife, we lost part of our front porch, which I was never particularly fond of anyhow, a few screen windows, and my wifes car got flooded, but everyone is safe. I have about 350 emails and PMs to get back to, plus 250 belts to photograph, so time for a cuppa joe and get back to work!

I'm glad to hear that you're upbeat about the situation. I have read every update about the storm and it was all over the news here yesterday. The announcers seemed to love the word "frankenstorm," as they kept repeating it. Anyway, at least insurance will pay for a new porch that you'll enjoy more and hopefully fix/upgrade your wife's car.

I kept thinking about the east coasters as I have a list of addresses and went through it and google mapped the addresses to see if the storm would have affected the area. I assumed he was without power, but if anyone gets in touch with him, let us know!

private eyes

Reaction score
I didn't wanna post a pic because I look a little silly in it, but I scored a Canada Goose expedition jacket in size small. Retail is around 800, and they never sell for less than 500 on ebay . I got it for 15, it was at a second hand store , not thrift, and the attached tag description just said " big ass parka".

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm glad to hear that you're upbeat about the situation. I have read every update about the storm and it was all over the news here yesterday. The announcers seemed to love the word "frankenstorm," as they kept repeating it. Anyway, at least insurance will pay for a new porch that you'll enjoy more and hopefully fix/upgrade your wife's car.
I kept thinking about the east coasters as I have a list of addresses and went through it and google mapped the addresses to see if the storm would have affected the area. I assumed he was without power, but if anyone gets in touch with him, let us know!

I heard from Brian at 9am EST today, he sounds as good as can be expected :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads