• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel Smith

Reaction score

International buyers shop through them, you ship to them, they ship to buyer at what I assume is a cheaper bulk rate. I deal with them all the time. They have dozens of usernames, one for each country they ship to.

Good enough for me. Thanks!!

Towers

Reaction score

You sure about this? I picked up a Brioni for Harry Rosen once that I could swear was OTR.

Maybe they carry it at the yorkville location but I've never seen it anywhere else and they only list in on their website in the 'tailored' catalog.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
International buyers shop through them, you ship to them, they ship to buyer at what I assume is a cheaper bulk rate. I deal with them all the time. They have dozens of usernames, one for each country they ship to.

Just make sure you right the listing number on the box, they will also send a link to input the specific tracing info. It's quite a system they have going.

I believe it is a service owned by Yahoo Japan...you don't want to ship overseas? Too bad, they require you to abide by their policies and you still have to deal with the annoyance of communicating with a non english speaking buyer. Also, what if the buyer claims to not have gotten your item despite you sending it with tracking the the US address of Shop Airlines? Who knows? You're screwed! Bravo!

Last edited:

dubcbadass

Reaction score
not to do too much ebay talk, but i closed a transaction outside of ebay. as in, someone made me an offer via msg and i told them to e-mail me. we arranged paypal payment as well as shipping. i'm guessing this is not okay by ebay's tos, but i'm honestly not sure. i started reading the tos but it is too damn boring.

McPryon

Reaction score
not to do too much ebay talk, but i closed a transaction outside of ebay. as in, someone made me an offer via msg and i told them to e-mail me. we arranged paypal payment as well as shipping. i'm guessing this is not okay by ebay's tos, but i'm honestly not sure. i started reading the tos but it is too damn boring.
Of course it's against their policies, you circumvented their taste of the action.

Samuel Smith

Reaction score

yea - against their T&C's. I mean it saves some fees but you lose all protection. Just don't make a habit of it ... it'll get ya in the long run!

Evil Abed

Reaction score
After a completely **** early morning experience...
Visited my parents last night and gathered some stuff to take up to my apartment. Started loading up my car in the driveway early this morning, taking a few trips from the house out through the garage to my car in the driveway.

Went in for one more bag and as I came out of the house into the garage a few minutes later, I was startled to see a guy standing a few feet away closing the door of my mother's car. I screamed bloody murder, dropped what I had in my hands and yelled get out of here at the top of my lungs while I chased him out of the garage. I screamed drop everything, and he actually dropped my mom's wallet on the way down the block.

Called the police immediately (figured it made more sense to get them on the way instead of continuing to give chase) and was transferred 3 times (had to describe the event 3 times as well) before actually getting the right police department. Finally arrived about 10 minutes later.

As far as we can tell, he got away with very little, ignored all the tools and other items in the garage, ignored the stuff in my car (the back was opened and full of stuff). Just wanted cash.

Needless to say, it will be a while before I sleep again. A Liam Neeson movie night followed by some random fist fights might help quell this rage.

Hey Nataku!
teacha.gif
worship.gif

Erhmagerhd erhstra ferhberk

Leather surrounded brass snaps

Check one off the list! Too bad it isn't smaller... I'm sure someone small would have dug this. Now I may have to keep it. Though as Macklemore said, smells like R. Kelly's sheets.

Last edited:

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to digress too much, but I just got an email from PP (my favorite company) regarding changes to TOS. In short, unless I send some sort of letter via snail mail by Dec. 1, I lose my right to sue PP or join in any class-action lawsuit and must instead submit to arbitration, which has, as I understand things, no right of appeal. My gut reaction is, I should spring for a stamp and opt out. Here's an article on Forbes I found regarding this:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2012/10/23/paypal-what-you-need-to-know-about-fine-print/

Almost all of us here use PP. I have trouble believing that they would do this unless it shielded them from legal action and made them more impervious to anti-trust laws than they already are. I'd be interested in what others might think or know.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decent day today.

- LPs. The Beatles Past Masters (UK Pressing) was a pleasant surprise.

- J. Hilburn flat front slim charcoal trousers (keepers). I found a pair of J. Hilburn FF cotton trousers earlier this year in my size too, I think they're from the same donor. Really nice!

- Vintage Class 5 parka. Sz M. Available.

- Nudie Grim Tims. 33 x 34. Available

- A. Testoni Black Label loafers. 9 D Available

Alexander McQueen t-shirt

Two wacky shirts from Jean Paul Gaultier

Not pictured but all keepers: Cool vintage logo Banana Republic pocket t-shirt, NWOT Zegna Sport red zip polo, 2 NWOT Borrelli for Neiman Marcus blue stripe dress shirts.

Towers

Reaction score
IMG-20121029-00087.jpg

Canali sc, boss bomber jacket, prl surcingle and the kiton.
IMG-20121029-00089.jpg

Would love for this to go to someone here, its in great shape aside from the armpits of the lining needint a reattach and a small mend needed on the rear right pants pocket.

Also found some boss cords and some canali khakis not pictured.

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would rather get a kiton's worth of swag in my size ;), plus keeping it in the family so to speak.

a man after mine own heart. might be preferable to take this to the trading thread, but you should let everyone know your sizes and preferences and whatnot.

(also, that suit would probably fit me...)

EDIT: listen to klobber

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMG-20121029-00087.jpg

Canali sc, boss bomber jacket, prl surcingle and the kiton.
IMG-20121029-00089.jpg

Would love for this to go to someone here, its in great shape aside from the armpits of the lining needint a reattach and a small mend needed on the rear right pants pocket.

I would normally jump on that Kiton and hit you with PM's but having sold a real old Kiton suit for a nice sum, I do reckon you should reward yourself for picking it up - monetarily or tradeitarily (not a word but you get the gist).

Your suit may be fairly old, late 90's at a guess, but Kiton is Kiton and you will get a handsome profit for taking the trouble to pick up. $300 plus for that...

Nice little bonus and you can use the money to invest in pieces you really want.

That or maybe you will get lucky and someone lurking will have some terrific stuff in your size and you can trade.

Either way, win win so hope you get a good deal from someone here!

Good on you for offering this up to the forum old chap - PM me with your garment(s) size and I will send you some cool stuff (stock permitting) just for being thoughtful enough to offer to someone here. :satisfied:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads