• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcubzzz

Reaction score
I thought I would share a funny/embarrassing story that happened to me today while thrifting. I went to a goodwill before work to see what I could find and went through my usual rounds not coming up with much. I usually hit the ties last and this particular gw puts the ties on a lower rack so I have to bend over in order to sort through them. As I'm bending over I hear the unmistakable tearing sound of me ripping the seat of my pants. I'm not talking a tiny rip either, the rip occurred from the bottom of the belt loop to almost the bottom of the crotch. So here I am in goodwill with my left cheek exposed. Any sane person would have scooted out of the goodwill since needless to say this scenario is pretty embarrassing. However, I found a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo shoes and was not about to leave the store without my purchase. There was only one person working the cash register so I had to wait in line for a good ten minuets with about a half dozen people waiting in line behind me. There was no way I could hide or even conceal the fact that I had split my trousers and I could feel everyone behind me staring at my buttock. Having said all that, here are the pictures of the Ferragamo's.

Size 8D Available

Hopefully someone either here or on the bay is interested since I practically mooned half the goodwill waiting in line for them. Also here is a picture of my ripped pants just so you all have an idea of the severity of my situation. The pants were Odin for Target that I have only worn a handful of times and ironically was pretty much the only item of clothing I was wearing that wasn't thrifted. I hope you all got a good laugh out of my story.

dubcbadass

Reaction score

iirc, this union label is the one that predates that. edit: This website confirms that this label was 62-76 this website This tag was from a brooks pow check SC i posted several days ago, later to find it has moth holes and i couldn't pass it on in good conscience.
i am gonna try to make a tie out of it. if successful, i will the share my results with a person who i trade/sell to as a surprise. should i do a bow-tie or a necktie? i have already done bowties before, but never in wool.

also...
Ferragamo shoes

^^^ those are pretty nice actually. if i wasn't on a moratorium, i would pm you.

Last edited:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^70-76; before that same tag with red numbers.

Last edited:

dubcbadass

Reaction score

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Unless you paid a very high price, why would you take back the truzzi?
$5.99 (le sigh)... Well, there was a spot on the shoulder that I'm not sure would have come out, and it was on the front facing side of it no less, pretty noticeable. Also, and this isn't a determining factor for me at all usually, I didn't hear much if anything here on it being decent/any feedback on it, so I decided to pass. Great color combo, pretty sure it went back out before I left and it was already in someones cart. May look for it again tomorrow if I take back some of tonight's haul haha. Stay tuned.
Don't worry, it happens to all of us at some point or another. I managed the exact same tear while working at my concert security gig in junior college. I was on a roam team during Janet Jackson's velvet rope tour show at my venue and had to hop over a row of seats to get to someone. As one foot landed the other caught momentarily on a part of the chair. Heard the same sound, same result. Other team members were rolling on the ground laughing. Instead of letting me go home, my boss handed me a few safety pins and said good luck.

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How is this possible? :wow:

And dude, when are you going to skip a day and pimp yourself out in some ridonkulous streetwear? Can't convince eazy, but there's hope for you yet... :devil:

rayxlui

Reaction score

Well then... 

Apparently 'tis the season, since I just picked up another 300+ items :stirpot:

Wait wut, I just saw you like 5 hours ago, how you manage a haul in my territory in 5 hour a fuq.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone either here or on the bay is interested since I practically mooned half the goodwill waiting in line for them. Also here is a picture of my ripped pants just so you all have an idea of the severity of my situation. The pants were Odin for Target that I have only worn a handful of times and ironically was pretty much the only item of clothing I was wearing that wasn't thrifted. I hope you all got a good laugh out of my story.

i bought the same pants (navy blue) and the main button fell off, great quality.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads