• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
3x gucci and 3x brioni are awesome per usual dm7! It would make my week to pick up any one of those.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

tough crowd

Expectations have reached an all time high.... ;)

Just realized I threw away one of those made in Scotland sweaters (Balantyne?) you had listed as $1400. :fu:

It was a small lady-ish sweater, though. None of the ladies wanted it.

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3x gucci and 3x brioni are awesome per usual dm7! It would make my week to pick up any one of those.

It was definitely a good find! What astounds me is how recent these seem, and their perfect condition.

Expectations have reached an all time high....
wink.gif

Just realized I threw away one of those made in Scotland sweaters (Balantyne?) you had listed as $1400.
ffffuuuu.gif

It was a small lady-ish sweater, though. None of the ladies wanted it.

They really have... I've got some other stuff too but those gucci/brioni were the cream of the crop. I guess I need at least 20 Kiton to merit a post
decisions.gif

Yeah, the Balantynes have INSANE retails. I think some of them are made by Cucinelli, but either way, they're up there.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4000+ missed posts since I went to jail and got out. You guys are animals. Hi :)

Shiny

Reaction score
Picked up 3 AEs this past weekend. All have original AE soles/heels. All are 10Ds. All Available:
Brentwoods
P1010545_zps2260f18f.jpg

P1010544_zps0f49d1b7.jpg

P1010543_zps14f6d311.jpg

P1010546_zps271b2976.jpg

P1010547_zps45dc2b41.jpg
Hancocks
P1010533_zps283b6c2e.jpg

P1010534_zpsb16e468d.jpg

P1010537_zpsdfa962d3.jpg

P1010535_zps4b0d8640.jpg
Drydens
P1010540_zps8dccfe86.jpg

P1010538_zps725de7bf.jpg

P1010536_zpsbb4a1c4a.jpg

P1010539_zps9c2838f5.jpg

thriftydood

Reaction score
Items I passed on this weekend:

- 8 pairs of Allen Edmonds in large sizes (12-15), all from the same store. For most of them the store wanted $30, and I wasn't willing to spend that much. There were 4 or 5 pairs that were in very good shape, including a pair of Weybridges that looked like it had been worn twice at most (virtually no wear on the leather outsoles, and very little creasing to the uppers). I was going to pick that up, but I couldn't make out the size--the writing on the side had completely worn off. No idea how that happened because the shoes were almost new.

- Gianni Versace sportcoat: looked like a sportcoat, unvented, not particularly appealing, but real. Would have picked it up if not for the small hole in the left shoulder

- Paul & Shark sweater: couldn't be sure of authenticity. It seemed nice enough, and based on the quality and feel I was leaning towards authentic. If it had been my size, I would have picked it up, but for trade I'd need to be sure it's real.

- many fake ties--not sure where they were all coming from, but I came across a couple of fake Canalis, fake Dunhill, fake Zegna, etc.

I did pick up some nice items, will post pictures later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members