• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

va230815

Reaction score
I was busting your chops. No maker.

Back in the 70s and 80s when "Made in" country tags were new and important, you found lots of made in Italy and made in England as well as France tags boldly placed in garments in an attempt by manufacturers to separate themselves from the cheaper influx of products from Asia. In reality, these are no better made than the ones in Hong Kong for the most part - just some retail psychology.

I knew you were bustin my chops haha
But thanks! I appreciate the knowledge. Theres so much nice looking, non labelled stuff that has a nice logo or some random unidentified marker

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone know what this is? Theres no name anywhere, no buttons but it feels and looks nice (overcoat)
No but know where there is a coat with the same Cashmere tag in town and passed several times.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found a BBGF navy blazer in 38R at one of the savers I hit often, priced at $69.99...

I took it to the manager (whom I know) and said "what the hell..." They looked at it and said "wow, how does $14.99 sound?" It sounded great especially since I had 30% off as well.

:D pays to make relationships with the employees.

Size 38R you say? :happy:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Size 38R you say?
happy.gif

He's a 36-38 too AFAIK!

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a BBGF navy blazer in 38R at one of the savers I hit often, priced at $69.99...

I took it to the manager (whom I know) and said "what the hell..." They looked at it and said "wow, how does $14.99 sound?" It sounded great especially since I had 30% off as well.

biggrin.gif
pays to make relationships with the employees.
Some people here think that's cheating. I am not one of them.

Not in good shape, but I had to grab for $5 (n/a)

For $5? Hell yeah. Hope that fits, even with holes that would be fun to wear around the house.
The great stuff still eludes me, almost 5 hours out today.
Big winner today, R&B blazer

The most recent Oxxford suit I've ever found.

Arc

Ludlow glen plaid

Takai

Reaction score
Anybody here a US50R? Picked up a wonderfully soft navy cashmere blazer tonight on my way home. Also finally upgrading myself, and swapping some Heug size jackets to a guy I know in town that works for a good printer for some personal business cards.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people here think that's cheating. I am not one of them.
+1. Due to relationships I have formed and rapport I have built with staff and owners, I get discounts, depending on what I spend, up to 50%, but at the very least I get 30%. If cheating means your taking advantage of good business opportunities and widening your profit margin or your saving even more money to stock that closet full of fresh ****, then I am a ******* cheater. Or I guess I could be cold and standoffish, and pay full price.

Edit: If you flip, whether it's full time or just to fund your addiction, it is just flat out dumb to think that building relationships with owners and getting discounts is in anyway a dishonest endeavor. As long as what your doing is legal and you are conducting yourself with integrity and strong character, and results in more money or more clothes or both, ********** it.

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E thrift, I have a serious Versace addiction, I need help (please send me your Versace)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things you only see at country shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them