• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJGent87

Reaction score

I think that was me? You find great stuff!

Yup, I'm not sure why I keep mistaking you guys it's strange. I've even done deals with TNM but just can't seem to separate you guys. Really strange

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's the general rule on grabbing suits with the zegna cloth label, suit has no other brand labels on it but is in good condition and cheap

Unless it is a personal suit for myself, I always pass EZ (and Dormeuil) fabric suits that don't have indication of maker.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's the general rule on grabbing suits with the zegna cloth label, suit has no other brand labels on it but is in good condition and cheap

Unless it is a personal suit for myself, I always pass EZ (and Dormeuil) fabric suits that don't have indication of maker.
Yea, there really can't be a "general rule of thumb" because there is such a vast disparity between the manufacturers that utilize EZ's fabrics and it also matters which type of EZ fabric they are using. If I find a suit made by Isaia that has the Tessuto Ermenegildo Zegna Trofeo Wool tag in it, I'm pickin that **** up for sure...but if I find a Saks 5th Ave Suit without a recognizable manufacturer tag and the Tessuto EZ Wool on it, I'm passing. If you use Vicuna but have a ****** constructed suit, it's just a ****** suit that sucks that happens to be made of unobtanium. So I guess there is a general rule of thumb, if you recognize the manufacturers tag and it's crafted by a brand that doesn't suck, pick that **** up.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 questions about a Ralph Lauren Rugby blazer, made in Italy.
1. Is this made by Cantarelli?
2. If so, is it possible that it's not fully canvassed? It's not passing the pinch test.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally was able to find a few things worth picking up. Please excuse the poor basement lighting.

Harley Davidson Lamb Shearling Jacket - S
Damn a Harley Shearling? That's probably a solid few hundred bucks on the bay. Authentic Harley Davidson leathers fuckin kill it.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2. If so, is it possible that it's not fully canvassed? It's not passing the pinch test.
Yes that is Canterelli. And yes that is possible. Cantarelli, like many manufacturers, have different levels of construction quality depending on who they are making the garment for and what that brand is offering for the goods. If it's for the Rugby line it is for sure not their top tier **** to say the least.

Edit: Just look at Isaia for example, there is Gianluca Isaia, Isaia Napoli, then Enrico Isaia... all three are contracted by other brands to make their suits, it just depends on the brand to decide which one is making their stuff, i.e. if they want to pay for complete hand crafting, they are paying top dollar for Enrico Isaia, if they want that Isaia label but don't want to spend the dough, they are getting partially canvassed, little handwork, Gianluca line.

Last edited:

rhyme

Reaction score
Cantarelli. Dont know about canvas but it is my size :)

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****! They've finally done it! Video games and sifi nerds, rejoice!

0.jpg

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was going to wait until Sat just in case I picked up something else but why not, I'm a little hyped and pissed since I just had to open a case on eBay but I.... According to Needmachine I shouldn't spoiler if I think the stuff and I think these are!!!
38L/R this thing is SWEEETTTTT Same donor though I think listed as 40L material is so soft (If only I didn't put on 15 lbs of fat)
Wow.

mrcmcklwht

Reaction score
Italian made, I think, tag is hard to read but says taglia 52r drop 6

Swedish military jacket

Victorinox travel jacket

Reindeer leather

cool little pocket for your swiss army knife

Not thrifted but this seems nice, HM linen t-shirt

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this LB suit is made in-house in LB's own factory. Doesn't look like the "Attolini" tag going around on the interwebz. Could anyone confirm?
satisfied.gif

Takai

Reaction score
Any insight into age on this T&A? Keeper is different from others I've seen before:
More than likely 70's, prior to their royal warrant being issued. Have a bowtie from around the same time.

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.