• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

freehand

Reaction score
I'll be honest, when I found these two suits today I got just a bit too excited due to temporarily confusing Norton & Townsend for Norton & Sons. Big difference. Still picked up as they weren't too expensive, are in mint condition and in a good size for flipping. Nice hangers too. NA.

illeagle

Reaction score

fix and flip. all day.

If that fits you well enough, I would keep it or wear for awhile. After you get it fixed, you will obviously keep great care of it, so flipping in the future will still grant you major cash!

I assume that it's 100% Vicuña??

Is that Vicuna vicuna, or some "cashcuna" thing?  If real vicuna, man, fix that lapel, forget about the lining and nibbles, and flip.  My tailor would charge about $30 to restitch, though that might be a little more tricky than a plain side seam or whatnot (I had mine fix a 4" side seam split on a cotton blazer and it was $20).  Nice coat!

Yeah I think I'm leaning toward just fixing the lapel and flipping... maybe wear it a few times for the **** of it and then flip it. I'm sorta doing that with an LP Icer I e-thrifted a couple months back...wearing it for at least this season and then potentially flipping it next winter.

And it doesn't say anywhere on the coat "100% Vicuna" or "Pure Vicuna" like the other vicuna items I've handled/flipped have, but this is by far the softest piece I've come across and the pelt seems fully consistent (not sure if you can tell from just that) with a wimmenz vicuna coat I'm currently selling. As some have suggested, I will contact Oxxford to find out more info.

And thanks for the info on the restitch costs.

HNNNNNNG. How'd you get it for 90 jesus.

saved searches ;)

Last edited:

Tony Pea

Reaction score
@txwoodworker has people up there and makes it up there on the reg.
peepwall[1].gif
thats my turf!

rhyme

Reaction score
Couldnt find the pants but i couldnt pass on it - might need to have the waist taken in an inch if i decide to keep it.

N/A

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious what's, generally, your margin on items you purchase from the Patagonia store?

+1

Enough to make it worth my while?
peepwall[1].gif

Seriously, I do pretty well. Keep in mind that this particular journey occupied nearly 6 hours of my time yesterday. And I'll likely be going back this afternoon. The margins aren't usually awesome if you look at it in terms of percentages, but considering that I can return things that I decide won't sell, I don't have to ponder things too much in the store. My best deals yesterday were R2 fleeces for $19.50 +tax.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ever since i was about 10 years old (when my much older brother moved to san diego and presently san clemente) i've wanted to move to CA. i just have never had the guts to do so. and as such, i am "stuck" in NY for the foreseeable future.

maybe one day. though the denver area is also becoming appealing.

and now im depressed.
baldy[1].gif
I went to UC Boulder and went to Denver a lot, mainly for concerts, Rockies games (when playing the dodgers and for the World Series games in 04) and Nuggets games (when playing the Lakers), and I love that city. If you don't mind ****** winters, that is a great place to live. Living in Cali though.... it's pretty ******* solid.

46n2

Reaction score
Nice kitty Volt !

Here's some of yesterdays wares all available unless otherwise stated

Epaulet

Gitman Vintage M

3Sixteen sweater with ticket pocket and errythang

Foo's N/A

Asics Gel Nimbus 16 in 11.5 looks like worn once -maybe available

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to UC Boulder and went to Denver a lot, mainly for concerts, Rockies games (when playing the dodgers and for the World Series games in 04) and Nuggets games (when playing the Lakers), and I love that city. If you don't mind ****** winters, that is a great place to live. Living in Cali though.... it's pretty ******* solid.
I lived in Denver for a year and I hated it. Decent place to visit, but the moment I was able to move back to MN, I leapt at it. Boulder is one of my least favorite cities in the world. Straight up the least diverse city I've ever been in filled with fake hippies.

Edit: no offense to folks in CO or people who love it there. I was just surprised at how much I disliked living there. I lived there in 07-08, so the job market was awful, which may have led to my dislike of the area.

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lived in Denver for a year and I hated it. Decent place to visit, but the moment I was able to move back to MN, I leapt at it. Boulder is one of my least favorite cities in the world. Straight up the least diverse city I've ever been in filled with fake hippies.
This I will not argue. I spent 5 years there drunk and it's great for school (mostly because of the aforementioned state of constant inebriation) but yea it's a town of yuppy hippies. I did like Denver, but again your word is probably better than mine because I just visited for short periods of time, never spent a year straight there.

Edit: And in regards to diversity, the only school less diverse than Boulder is BYU. So yea, you are definitely right there.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@46n2 I think @Randomore will grab that gitman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members