• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E-thrift: Look like shell. If so, they'll go nicely with the shell Aldens I grabbed at lunch.

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoutout to @Jompso for the tip on the Gleener fuzz remover. Works good on sweaters but I found another potentially great use. It does an amazing job on removing "dry clean shine". I just used it on a Huntsman suit that had some gnarly shine and it reduced it like 80% - 90% so far. Just use the finer guards which are like a sandpaper material. Bed Bath and Beyond carries them for $19.99 here.

Mine arrived a couple days ago, also purchased on the thread advice from @Jompso . Haven't tried it yet - was afraid to screw anything up - but good to know others have had positive results - will be using it soon!

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big shoutout to @Ace_Face for a super recent and awesome EZ trofeo cashmere SC that was 10x better than I expected. With my strict one-in-one-out policy it will easily replace a similar Hugo Boss that I bought just a few days after discovering what a thrift store is ahah (don't mock me guys
shog[1].gif
)

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This kind of stuff gets me excited. Seeing this on the rack, fresh from the 90s. Available if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big shoutout to @Ace_Face for a super recent and awesome EZ trofeo cashmere SC that was 10x better than I expected. With my strict one-in-one-out policy it will easily replace a similar Hugo Boss that I bought just a few days after discovering what a thrift store is ahah (don't mock me guys
shog[1].gif
)

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I can respect this policy, essentially replacing the one you have with a better one. Smart, smart.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure we've all seen these people...loading up with Tommy, Merona, Abercrombie, and Hollister...

Sam Edge

Reaction score
Just got to the counter with a sick green plaid kiton sc only to see 4 fuckin moth holes in the back

If you ever find anything like that in a 42/44L for cheap, I would probably proxy. I picked up an as-is Kiton from somewhere here that I love and wear for "everyday".

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks unique - can't wait to see the whole thing!

E-thrift: Look like shell. If so, they'll go nicely with the shell Aldens I grabbed at lunch.
Fo sho.

This is new to SF, right? I dig it. (Or have I just never noticed it until last night?)

Was just about to post that... glad it's not my imagination.

Part of a tie lot, bought the whole thing because of this. May have posted already, just took the bay pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members