• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uninteresting Ebay fodder from the last week not pictured.

NWOB Stubbs & Wootton needlepoint slippers.
Damn those are cool.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
True thrift?

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings from Cheyenne, Wyoming.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Happy Canada Day to all the Canadian thrifters!
I hope there is plenty of back bacon and beer going around, ya' hose heads!

Last edited:

green_machine

Reaction score

I was hesitant to do this, because I have had a transaction go well with this user previously. I think 2 months with no communication or the traded item would grant the approval of this.

I traded an MMM sportcoat to Vexco for a suit and shirt on 5/5. I sent the garment on 5/5 and it was received on 5/8 (stated in PM's by Vexco)

I sent a PM in late May and early June and he has yet to respond. He has been online since those messages have been sent, and previous communication was immediate up to this point.

Please advise, be very careful with trades with Vexco (If he shows up again)

I know I have few posts, but I have been here since 2/13. 

I bought a shirt from him and it took a little bit of time but it came through. No problems.

Does anyone have good tips for thrifting in the Miami area? I will travel north or south of Miami as well

All you need to know is on google maps. No secret spots that I know of.

Travel in a car with comfortable seats and bring something to listen to, because traffic in Miami sucks and the stores aren't all too close together. Also, be ready to pay for parking in several areas.

South beach, downtown, and some areas outside of the downtown area are all pay to park. I hate it. The tickets are only $18 though and the hourly rate is $2 an hour. I always risked the ticket.

Also make sure you have a gps, smart phone, or speak Spanish in case you wander into hialeah.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only one purchase from Sierra Trading Post worth note for most of you. I got a Gitman Bros sport shirt at a very nice price in my size.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought these and while they were more than I wanted to pay, I was willing to pay $55 shipped for a pair of FF linen Zegna pants in my size.

My question: are these Incotex and/or Couture? The waist band in the back is split and the connecting strip of fabric has those star symbols that we see on couture items.

TJGent87

Reaction score
I've done a trade with Vexco and it took awhile, I got frustrated a few times but it ultimately worked out. He'll ship it I just would prefer if ppl actually reply when they see the message there.

Now here re some finds.
N/A fits like a glove

Incotex (POP)

Gajsek

Reaction score
Quick question - Any idea which maker's tag is this? It's from a suit by Gieves&Hawkes RTW, made in Italy (curiously)...

Sorry for the bad pic, snapped with a phone and in a hurry...
What is the overall quality of these G&H RTW suits, anyways?
I've seen quite a few in thrifts around here (Edinburgh, Scotland)

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quick question - Any idea which maker's tag is this? It's from a suit by Gieves&Hawkes RTW, made in Italy (curiously)...

Sorry for the bad pic, snapped with a phone and in a hurry...
What is the overall quality of these G&H RTW suits, anyways?
I've seen quite a few in thrifts around here (Edinburgh, Scotland)
Belvest

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody got into and quickly out of the lift edit: light wash denim trend. I picked these up at one of the most hit or miss spots I have in chicago. APC denim and Etro knit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reviewnexalyn