• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Part 2 of the thriftily purchased by electronic means haul: Lets start out slow:
5 more Isaia hangers (9 total), 8x Brunello Cucinelli garment bags, 2x BC hangers [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] 2x more Isaia cashmere SCs (for a total of 5 + 1 suit) [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] 2x Kiton wool/cashmere pants, 4x Kiton cashmere SCs 2x Zegna SCs, 1x EZ suit Best part, all but 2 of the Kiton SCs are my size. The EZs look absolutely new, and the suit is a silk/wool blend.
Good god.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starting off on the right foot. Something for me and my first Golden Fleece tie! Had to pass on a Chipp tie that was a bit rough.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm going to treat myself by thrifting my entire route (or as much as I can before they all close). I've been a bit lax lately because my camera is on loan, but can't beat birthday luck.

I wont go out today, that is my birthday present to you :satisfied: Happy Birthday man and deets on your haul!?

rokor

Reaction score
Some colours and some boring stuff from me today.

Harmont and Blaine. So raw, but fit a little too slim and short on me. Tagged 50.

Simon Carter polo in a large.

I went for this because I could throw it into a bunch of outfits easily, but nothing special. Bossini.

Arnold Palmer. Again, nothing special, but I could use some seersucker shorts.

Not sure if this is anything... American Rag Cie Tailored. I just grabbed it because of the cut and design. Its unstructured, but has padded shoulders and some other weird stuff going on. Figured it may be some unreasonably priced SW company but I'm sure I was wrong about that.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That haul is the weirdest haul I've come across no offense haha. Just not used to seeing things that we pass up on everyday

rokor

Reaction score
Haha, well in my defense it was mostly exchanges, other than the polo and pants which I would count as wins.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cherry. Popped. Thank you @capnwes's territory!

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha, well in my defense it was mostly exchanges, other than the polo and pants which I would count as wins.

Dibs on the carpet bro!

danne888

Reaction score
I have an oppurtunity to buy an Belvest suit at a great price, its second hand and i have a few questions about the fit. Im wondering if the shoulders are too wide, what do you guys think? The arms also are too short and need to be lenghtended and it has to be taken in over the shoulderblades. Thank you for your help!

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try the tailoring advice thread. Looks good from the front, and shoulder width looks good to me, but I'd be worried about the messy back. Had a similar issue once and had to get the arm holes recut and it's still not perfect.

rokor

Reaction score
Dibs on the carpet bro!
If only it was mine! I'm house sitting at the moment, which has given me the opportunity to live in a house furnished with antiques and random cool stuff for a while. I'm actually using a granite end table from the 17th century as a desk right now
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm probably the only person who saw that haul and messaged him about one of the hangers
lol8[1].gif
I would have if only I had an Isaia suit
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance