• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your doing what I used to do. Posting things to sell because this thread has higher traffic. Let's keep it strictly to bragging homie, we have the trade thread too.

I disagree. If someone wants to pass along a find that doesn't fit them at basically cost, I see no harm in that. If you're posting a list with prices, that would be weird.

Last edited:

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had an odd day. Frustrated that I missed Org's awesome ethrift opportunity (those shell loafers might have fit....maybe). So I ethrifted this NWT Rugby Ralph Lauren tweed vest. Got home, started mowing the yard, and decided to help the neighbor out by mowing their part of the easement as well, when this happened:

Ground totally gave away under me, ended up sinking my right leg to the knee, probably would have kept going if it hadn't been for catching that piece of concrete with my left knee. No sewage smell, thankfully. Still waiting on city water dept to show up and figure out what the heck is going on.

cdgreg

Reaction score
Your doing what I used to do. Posting things to sell because this thread has higher traffic. Let's keep it strictly to bragging homie, we have the trade thread too.

He's also shipping from Canada so that $10 really doesn't go far, if it even covers the entire cost of shipping.

Last edited:

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Noted, won't happen again. To those defending me, I know what he's getting at, and i appreciate what y'all are saying, I'd probably say the same thing he said if I noticed a bunch of people doing that.

No hard feelings all around, just trying to help needy SFers, Hamiltonians aren't exactly going to value and properly care for nicely constructed Canadian made pants.

Last edited:

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had an odd day. Frustrated that I missed Org's awesome ethrift opportunity (those shell loafers might have fit....maybe). So I ethrifted this NWT Rugby Ralph Lauren tweed vest. Got home, started mowing the yard, and decided to help the neighbor out by mowing their part of the easement as well, when this happened:

Ground totally gave away under me, ended up sinking my right leg to the knee, probably would have kept going if it hadn't been for catching that piece of concrete with my left knee. No sewage smell, thankfully. Still waiting on city water dept to show up and figure out what the heck is going on.

I just drove up to Mammoth caves on 65N last weekend and drove past the Corvette Museum . Sinkholes freak me out, even tiny ones like that. If they say it is a naturally occurring sinkhole you need to sell your house and move.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Note to self....

Don't help the neighbors with any yard work.

I just drove up to Mammoth caves on 65N last weekend and drove past the Corvette Museum . Sinkholes freak me out, even tiny ones like that. If they say it is a naturally occurring sinkhole you need to sell your house and move.

Good to hear you're OK, that's scary stuff!

I'm fairly certain that city water screwed something up over there when they put in the new meters last year. Hopefully there won't be any sinkholes opening up to swallow my child/car/house. But yes, no more helping the neighbor with yard work.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm fairly certain that city water screwed something up over there when they put in the new meters last year.  Hopefully there won't be any sinkholes opening up to swallow my child/car/house/clothes.  But yes, no more helping the neighbor with yard work.

FTFthisthread

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FTFthisthread

lol8[1].gif
damn dude you made my wife fall down laughing. Well done. Of course, I got her a couple of times by singing Andy Dwyer/MouseRat's "The Pit" earlier. #ParksandRec

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Illuminati.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads