• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bought stuff for myself today that isn't pictured
Copped this to offset costs very rad and very available

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

joshmick

Reaction score

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any knowledge if this is confined to your local store or is more widespread? Trying to decide if it's worth the 1.5 hr drive to my nearest last call.

I'd say check it out once just for the sake of it...maybe when you happen to be closer by, and on a day when they have an extra percent off store-wide or on whatever you're looking for (the website for your local store should list upcoming extra sales / events). I'd approach it with no expectations, and resolve not to buy something just to justify the drive there and back (because you might end up driving another 3 hours round-trip to return it).
I've never seen one that was a stand-alone store; always grouped with Saks Off Fifth and other shops - sort of like the typical outlet mall but more indoor mall-like and less outlet-like.

They had a BUNCH. I mean maybe half a rack of 3pc Tom Fords. Some were weird with little metal spike things outlining the lapels and such, but some were normal(ish). I plan on grabbing a few when I go back. It's only 15 minutes away.

I would assume it's only local. The mall is a outlet mall, basically. Sears Outlet, Saks Outlet, etc. Every big store there is an outlet. But I really have no idea on how confined the sales might be. It seems like their clearance rack is always 40% off, and the racks were extremely full at my NMLC

It's also worth noting these were marked down a few times. You can see 4 different tags on them each with the same "compare to" price but with a new lowered price and a red dot meaning 40% off.

Tom Ford I've never seen at a NMLC, so that's cool - maybe some stores stock brands that others do not... My local had plenty of Etro, Boglioli, Cantarelli, some Brioni, everyday stuff like Lucky Brand, Robt Graham etc. The extra 40% off is a decent deal if it's something you're buying to keep or gift. Clearance racks were full of some good items, but not all of it was on clearance - 2 or 3 times I grabbed something and it turned out it was on the clearance rack by mistake.

The Saks Off Fifth there was mostly stocked with Saks brands and a smattering of others - lot of hanger flipping and picked up only 2 shirts.

Either NMLC or SOF - forget which - gives an extra discount on some items if you give them your email address...but that's tied into the "extra % off" signs on some of the racks...meaning, you buy something off that rack and you only get the extra % off if you give your email address (and you can do the same on subsequent visits - you still get the extra discount even if they already have your email address).

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Why not just hang on to those for a few months and try again - they are still a bit out of season (POLAR VORTEX) but might do better come May or June?

I would, but this giant box just showed up today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads