• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And - two things that I'll return unless one of y'all wants them for cost+shipping. I'll return these if I don't get a PM from one of you in the next couple of days.

Ebbets Field Flannels navy jacket, M, in great shape EXCEPT it had patches all over it (including what looks like a Rainier Beer "R" on the breast). The patches were removed, but you can still see where they were stitched. :brick: Heartbreaking. I may just keep it regardless, but I'll probably return it unless one of you wants.

And this H Freeman & Sons sport coat in charcoal mini-herringbone, size 37S.

I can't flip it for anything, but it's an awesome jacket. Half lined, 3-roll-2, double vented, fully canvassed. If one of you wants it - ping me!

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pierre Balmain is the diffusion line of Balmain. Oddly, it sounds to me like it should be the other way around but it isn't. 

Gah, oh well. It's a really nice PS, and well made. So not a total loss.

Swear I had pics of the BBBF gray flat fronts I found, but I guess not....

EDIT: Who wanted that 7 fold tie to deconstruct? PM me, I might have something that might work.

Last edited:

thriftydood

Reaction score
Thanks--to be fair, most of the time the SS shirt rack doesn't have anything good (I think it's more typical for the best shirts on those racks to be a PRL or Lacoste polo).
thriftydood I almost always skip SS shirts unless I'm finding a lot of good stuff in one store. I think you've inspired me look more often. Awesome stuff.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super duper tame, from what I hear, by "overseas" standards. Don't they have vending machines with used undies?

Thrift fit.

Etro
CT slim non-iron
Drakes cashmere
Unknown raw silk hand rolled
Trafalgar suede belt
Isaia aquachino*
Panthy wool blend
Bally suede

*Technically, following this picture, I changed the trou because I realized these don't fit me well, and I'll be parting with them soon. But what I did wear were Borrellis in the same color and material, so I feel like it counts.

Hit a few stores. Found the good Marshalls. Tons of Versace, Zegna, and other stuff. All massively overpriced. Is Costumes Nasionales any good? They had a decent silk knit crunchy tie. Did hit a few more stores. Borrelli shirt, Brioni tie and a handful of Paul Stuart custom made tweeds. No pics of those, but will be posting the highlights from the past few weeks later tonight.
Instacop for me!

And - two things that I'll return unless one of y'all wants them for cost+shipping. I'll return these if I don't get a PM from one of you in the next couple of days.

Ebbets Field Flannels navy jacket, M, in great shape EXCEPT it had patches all over it (including what looks like a Rainier Beer "R" on the breast). The patches were removed, but you can still see where they were stitched.
baldy[1].gif
Heartbreaking. I may just keep it regardless, but I'll probably return it unless one of you wants.

And this H Freeman & Sons sport coat in charcoal mini-herringbone, size 37S.

I can't flip it for anything, but it's an awesome jacket. Half lined, 3-roll-2, double vented, fully canvassed. If one of you wants it - ping me!
Was it tagged 37s? Talk about being an unicorn size!

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is one of the many brands they sell at Urban Outfitters, nothing special. I had a windbreaker from them I bought (gasp!) new from UO waaaaaaaaaay before my time at SF, thing fell apart after about a month.

Brand name is "Feathers" low end items

Thanks Eazy and Tweets.

DM7 . those Balmains are :drool: I'm not a SW&D guy but I want!!. I do want to say your fit pic looks great but not feeling the blue polo.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

J Press Jacket, BR Shirt, Rooster tie, Uniqlo Trousers, all thrifted. Home made PS. Cole Haan shoes from Nordstrom Rack.

Nice. The light jacket over the blue pants is always difficult for me to pull off. I'll take a page from you next time I'm looking in the blue pants section!

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nothing crazy, just some shirts....
stirpot.gif

a dual layered tee.

first time for this company ...

and a shirt that fits like a 40"s"

nice fabric. maker??

there was 4 of these, but i got this one. dibbed.

mrcmcklwht

Reaction score
My first pocket square, if thats what it is?

Bought this without trying it on, fit perfect when I got home. You can't return stuff to most thrifts her

wcl

Reaction score
I am on a self imposed thrifting moratorium until I get about another 50 things listed. My inventory backlog is killing me. FWIW I have sold a half dozen or so of Hermes PS and this one is legit! Nice pickup!
Found this pocket square in a V2 Versace sport coat. Time to play "Is This Thing Real?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members