• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Got a pair of Florsheim Shell Cordovan Longwings today. Size 14 D
They are awesome, in both condition and size. Anyone know of a magic shoe shrinking potion?

PLEASE let me know if someone finds the shrinking potion...hope it works on suits also!!

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Me too; I'd only been thrifting for 3 or 4 months when I found it and it was an ugly-as-**** Talbott tie in some random non-chain thrift shop. I wonder if I have a picture somewhere...
Also, cross-posting from the SW&D WAYWT thread:

Banana Republic, $12 at Buffalo Exchange
Dockers D1, $12 at Marshalls
Allen Edmonds, $8 at Goodwill.
Vostok watch, $35 from eBay

D1's look good and a great price. Maybe a bit less break.

toscano_adottato

Reaction score
Thrifted fit pic. iPhone and no full length mirrors means this is all I can take. However, it fits exactly like I want it to. :D

Ah Man Hing-Cheong bespoke
Charles Tyrwhitt shirt
Italian maker tie (can't remember maker)

Shoes are Alden Shell boots seconds.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is this the next Thrifting Thread tickle fight? :lurk: :hide:
Episode I: Profiteering vs Hobbyists
Episode II: F*ck the USPS
Episode III: Bespoke vs OTR Thrifting

:lol:

Episode 1 is my favorite.

Want those cordovans. Are those 8.5 UK or US?

Who the hell pays to get shoes recrafted and *then* decides it's the perfect time to donate them?   :puzzled:

Came to say dead.

damnit DM7 is on a roll. good for you dude. enjoy it while it's hot. :fistbump:

Aaaand the jinx has been cast. :)

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Here's my first "thrift fit" outfit put together from pic's taken over the weekend. (I wasn't sure if taking them in a public restroom was a requirement
smile.gif
.)

Jacket: Vintage POLO by Ralph Lauren Blue Label tweed (made in USA) - Purchased from a friend who owns a vintage store.
Shirt: Brooks Brothers luxury shirt (woven in Italy, made in USA) - Thrifted.
Scarf: Vintage wool & angora (made in Scotland) - Thrifted.
Tie: Vintage 1960's Brooks Brothers chocolate brown grenadine (made in USA) - Thrifted.
Belt: J. Press brown leather belt (made in USA) - Thrifted.
Pants: Prada classic fit jeans (made in Italy) - trade from Buffalo Exchange.
Shoes: Church's custom grade wingtip balmorals (made in England) - eBay.
Gloves & Socks: Brooks Brothers semi-annual 50% off sale.

Thanks!
-M-

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thrifted fit pic. iPhone and no full length mirrors means this is all I can take. However, it fits exactly like I want it to. :D
Charles Tyrwhitt shirt

Not much to work with to get my revenge here; it's almost like you took a closeup to thwart a comment on the shoulders. Love the color combo, though. Just not a fan of a four-in-hand. I know it's a standard, but I just prefer the symmetry of a half Windsor -- esp on shirts with a decent collar stance and spread. Just my 0.02.

Typhoid: Lovin' the fit, esp the jacket and tie. Just can't get used to that breast pocket flap...

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And can I state the obvious? That Oxy Clean magic treatment is insane! The Brioni onesie tux shirt and the T&A sea island french cuff shirt look brand new.

I think I hear ebay calling my name ...

toscano_adottato

Reaction score
Charles Tyrwhitt shirt
Not much to work with to get my revenge here; it's almost like you took a closeup to thwart a comment on the shoulders. Love the color combo, though. Just not a fan of a four-in-hand. I know it's a standard, but I just prefer the symmetry of a half Windsor -- esp on shirts with a decent collar stance and spread. Just my 0.02.

Typhoid: Lovin' the fit, esp the jacket and tie. Just can't get used to that breast pocket flap...

Not sure what revenge you are talking about. I've never commented on anyone's fit nor have I ever addressed you in any way that I know of. Strange comment.

As for critique, I don't really need one. I already know my stuff fits me exactly how I like it tol. :D I'm just posting to show thrifted stuff.

Last edited:

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
A slight bit of
spam[1].gif
- but Spoo and others are present and might be able to provide some information for me :)

Can anyone Identify / Authenticate these for me?

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure what revenge you are talking about. I've never commented on anyone's fit nor have I ever addressed you in any way that I know of. Strange comment.
As for critique, I don't really need one. I already know my stuff fits me exactly how I like it tol. :D I'm just posting to show thrifted stuff.
Sorry, got you confused with someone. Was just horsing around. No offense intended. :embar:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Big Ass Shell Cordovan Florsheim Longwings 14 D

Not so big Keith Highlander Longwings 9.5 C/A

WWII Era US Marines Uniform Jacket (Small as ****...measures like a 33S)
Wasn't there a movie about that...Small Soldiers

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whoa! That's gotta be like 2 horses worth!

Thats wat she said.
rotflmao.gif

Sorry I couldn't resist. Really though, that is what my wife said this afternoon when I brought them in. I have begun to get through to her with my on going education of the differences in calf skin and shell cordovan. I guess she does listen to me sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members