• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw his latest giant orchestra tour... was one of the best concerts I’ve been to! Loved every second of it ha.

Yep, I caught that show at Red Rocks. I've been a fan since well before I got Polka Party on cassette when I was 10..

Edit: my favorite show of his was the Ridiculously Self-Indulgent Ill-Advised Vanity Tour (5/1/18 at Paramount Theatre in Denver) because he played Melanie, perhaps the greatest stalker/suicide/love song ever recorded.

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip! Btw, those mocs are often made of
giphy.gif

Oh, if you do go, let me know! They're so soft that I assumed they were deer but you may just be right. If you know of any other Canadian places that do those, I'd be interested to find some more.

I owe a thanks to this thread and to @HansderHund for teaching me what makes a solid post and what's worthless!

Not exactly, Cardigans have eyelets and a different medallion. This model is called Hastings

For the record, @florent finds some awesome stuff and, beyond that, is a swell guy!

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finishing up my masters this semester at Alabama. How’s he liking it so far?

Well, he is joining a Frat. He is on his 3rd girlfriend since he went to early college this summer. He said he is the only one who could funnel 3 beers at once from the pledge class... Mom and I are not thrilled, but we made a deal, he keeps straight A's and stays in the Honors program or he has to drop the frat.

His biggest problem is as a pledge, he has to go to the football games in a blazer and tie and it is a feels like temp of 102 degrees in the student section.

My wife's family has had someone at Alabama for the last 20+ years, her niece graduated with a masters in accounting last year. Everyone was super excited he chose Alabama. He did it though, because they have a ton of money for scholarships (nice to have the top football program in the country), and he is getting the Presidential which pays full tuition. Everyone assumes my younger son is going to go too because he scored a 34 on his ACT as a Freshman which qualifies him for the same scholarship. I think just to be contrary, he is going to go to Tennessee.

SZNettles

Reaction score
Well, he is joining a Frat. He is on his 3rd girlfriend since he went to early college this summer. He said he is the only one who could funnel 3 beers at once from the pledge class... Mom and I are not thrilled, but we made a deal, he keeps straight A's and stays in the Honors program or he has to drop the frat.

His biggest problem is as a pledge, he has to go to the football games in a blazer and tie and it is a feels like temp of 102 degrees in the student section.

My wife's family has had someone at Alabama for the last 20+ years, her niece graduated with a masters in accounting last year. Everyone was super excited he chose Alabama. He did it though, because they have a ton of money for scholarships (nice to have the top football program in the country), and he is getting the Presidential which pays full tuition. Everyone assumes my younger son is going to go too because he scored a 34 on his ACT as a Freshman which qualifies him for the same scholarship. I think just to be contrary, he is going to go to Tennessee.
Sounds like he is right in line with what is typical lol. He’ll be fine. Hardly anyone loses that scholarship unless they are trying and I’ve known a few.

va230815

Reaction score
Looks like it's carved out of a single piece of stone. Anything? Priced up or else id buy first

Attachments

• 15700370951312775778724251462777.jpg
    15700370951312775778724251462777.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 36

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just one thing from a quick trip out. We can debate whether this is a scarf or a shawl, but it’s so finely woven it measures 3ft x 7ft laid out flat yet folds down to smaller than a paperback book. It was 46 degrees this morning so I wore it to walk the dog...

71CE29EA-918F-42CF-93A3-B426561068F2.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads