• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not even close. After my divorce I swore off skinny chicks with no a$$ for life.

As someone married to an ultra cyclist, I get it too. That was just who I thought of when I read your post.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone married to an ultra cyclist, I get it too. That was just who I thought of when I read your post.
Haha there are upsides to being slower on a bike. I hike faster than my wife, but everyone is happier when she leads on the trail.
1712242779363.gif

frushez

Reaction score
I keep lurking, and forgetting to post.
Anyway, picked this up while back home in NZ at a local consignment(?) shop, was on the 50% off rack. Can't seem to find a cleaner one than this on the web. 40/50s I think?

Always wanted a Payday. Just didn't think i'd find it in NZ...

R0006959.jpg

R0006955.jpg

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh that LP button down shirt is very nice! Just reminded me that I have a 100% Cashmere one stashed somewhere that I haven't seen in like 8 or 9 years. I should dig that thing out.

Does anyone else stash away stuff like that? I can remember glimpses of inventory from like a decade ago but then I remember I never sold those things... so they must be somewhere. There's this wool rag & bone shawl cardigan somewhere in a big Ziploc that I've been searching for for years.. but haven't seen it since about 2015. I know I never sold it so where did that thing go... Must be in the catacombs.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Oh that LP button down shirt is very nice! Just reminded me that I have a 100% Cashmere one stashed somewhere that I haven't seen in like 8 or 9 years. I should dig that thing out.

Does anyone else stash away stuff like that? I can remember glimpses of inventory from like a decade ago but then I remember I never sold those things... so they must be somewhere. There's this wool rag & bone shawl cardigan somewhere in a big Ziploc that I've been searching for for years.. but haven't seen it since about 2015. I know I never sold it so where did that thing go... Must be in the catacombs.
Yes, guilty as charged, lol. Posted this many, many years ago, but will repeat for the newer folks: when I lived in New England, I was always on the search for the perfect winter sweater, and I found it in the form of Loro Piana's thick cotton crew neck. I can't wear wool or cashmere, as I am already a furnace, and quickly overheat in those. So cotton only, and this is a loose weave of thick threads, so even better. Well c'mon y'all: thrifting mentality. Why have one when you can have more? These are still packed in a box in my storage unit, where they have been since I moved from the cold north east to the hot, dry desert in 2014. Problem is, I don't wear crew necks any more, only polo shirts and full zips, as I have come to loathe having anything around the front of my neck. But I will never sell these in case that changes, lol . . . So I guess I'll repeat this post in another decade, and in storage they stay . . .
img_1526-jpg.901794

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
@Sartoriamo I cant stand crew ,has to be v neck or button.
I thought I was crazy
Well, you might be crazy, but not because of that. I think some people are just that way. For me, there just came a time when something changed. I have no idea what it was, and heck, I wore t-shirts like everyone else as a teenager. But it started with me grabbing at collars, trying to get them away from my neck, and then ditching anything without an opening at the front. I even wear polo shirts to bed.

My first thought was maybe there was something medical going on in my neck. But I got it looked at and there was nothing. So I have to accept that it's just one of those things, like how some people run hot and some cold. Even when I get dressed up in a shirt and tie, I have to wear shirts that are a half to full size bigger, just to keep it off the front of my neck. And don't even talk about turtle necks. I have no idea how people can wear them. Maybe in minus 40 or whatever, but geez! Other than that, hard pass . . .

eddiegreen

Reaction score

It is a nice one but only cotton flannel.

I don’t purposefully stash things but i have a depop page that is so old that when I get a sale, half the time I have to cancel the sale because I know those items are buried so deep somewhere that I’ll probably crick my back searching for them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads