• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jplicks

Reaction score
Also curious about some exotic leather shoes I found today.

This is real ostrich not embossed yeah?
D5C24EBD-41CE-421C-AFFC-97BBB81989B5_1_105_c.jpeg

672C613E-B6F2-4B13-BB83-242118DAC144_1_105_c.jpeg

Lizard I believe, anyone know what type?
C38AD54F-20CD-45FA-BABB-D15B445D2107_1_105_c.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, these OPs are the nuts.

IMG_8665.jpeg
IMG_8677.jpeg

I'd love this more if the Caps weren't losing every game.

IMG_8687.jpeg
IMG_8694.jpeg
IMG_8691.jpeg
IMG_8704.jpeg
IMG_8698.jpeg
IMG_8710.jpeg

starwarsocean

Reaction score
Question for you that pick up ties. What is your threshold for damage and wear for higher end ties? Do you have a price threshold for such items as well?

What is your experience on what will and won’t sell?

I bought the below purely for this experiment and knowing full well this could be 2 bucks down the drain.

View attachment 2131167 View attachment 2131169 View attachment 2131171 View attachment 2131173 View attachment 2131175
I still do a lot of ties, tend not to ask too many questions if they're under 10 and in good condition. Otherwise, it depends but a silver label tie like that I'd still buy and have cleaned (another $3 at my local dry cleaners). Cause its probably a ~$30ish sale. I'll usually sit on them for a while and then send to Spoo if enough time's elapsed. Like everyone else said, the ones that flip quick are the obvious ones (Hermes, Kitty, RLPL) but I'll still grab as long as they're the right price and style. some brands like BB are really slow movers for me so I'll only grab if NWT or a non-silk like wool or cash.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still do a lot of ties, tend not to ask too many questions if they're under 10 and in good condition. Otherwise, it depends but a silver label tie like that I'd still buy and have cleaned (another $3 at my local dry cleaners). Cause its probably a ~$30ish sale. I'll usually sit on them for a while and then send to Spoo if enough time's elapsed. Like everyone else said, the ones that flip quick are the obvious ones (Hermes, Kitty, RLPL) but I'll still grab as long as they're the right price and style. some brands like BB are really slow movers for me so I'll only grab if NWT or a non-silk like wool or cash.
exactly. i rarely wear ties, but LOVE ties. they're like works of art. but yes, gotta be current kiton, isaia, ricci, hermes, talbot 7 fold, charvet, zegna, canali, brioni, etc.

other than MAYBE something super minor, they gotta be perfect. no pulls or runs. i guess i'd buy one with a loose keeper, but even that's questionable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads