• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I told you that you were gonna see some ****.
Speaking of has anyone defecated in any of the stores you frequent yet ?

Nope not yet. Waiting to tick that off the list.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raises and interesting proposition, Thrft Store Bingo anyone ?
So let's start
With piss at 1 and number two at number 2 natch.
What's 3rd.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raises and interesting proposition, Thrft Store Bingo anyone ?
So let's start
With piss at 1 and number two at number 2 natch.
What's 3rd.

I did see someone take a dookie in a changing room back in England.

mistermidwester

Reaction score
Some fun finds today. All N/A. Haven’t been out much this year due to weather, hope to change that soon.

IMG_7169.jpeg

60s or 70s minty Pendleton shacket. So sick I wish this fit me, but that’s what I get for being a yeti.

IMG_7170.jpeg

Vintage wool Boy Scout jacket. Find these way less often than I used to, but I always pick them up as the styling is so classic.

IMG_7171.jpeg

IMG_7172.jpeg

Huge dead bird bag. Carry-on sized. Needs a wipe down and a few new pulls on the zips. Anyone know where I could snag some?
IMG_7173.jpeg

Last edited:

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Dehen from today Quindici from last week. Something I was thinking about while browsing last night are there no L.A. posters in the thread anymore? View attachment 2122251 View attachment 2122253
I have thrifted LA on and off since around the late 90s, and still do a stint there once or twice a year, when I visit friends and "family" . . . Always post finds here, but it's been at least a year since I was there.

I am not technically an "LA thrifter", as I don't live there, but . . . I have found some awesome stuff, yet it has gotten a lot worse for the same reasons as, well, everywhere else . . . GW stuff going online, bonkers pricing demands from management, reconfiguring local small charity thrifts as "resale boutiques" with nutty pricing etc.

However, LA has one huge deficit: traffic. I've thrifted all across the US (I used to travel extensively for work). In many places (Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Denver and many others), thrifting is a matter of tooling around a beltway freeway and dipping in anywhere there's a concentration of stores. But in LA, no way. It's just a grind on parking lot freeways. I have a bunch of little "honey holes" that I keep to myself, but for thrifters, the principal issue is just how long it takes to get from place to place.

My own "protocol" for metropolitan areas is to identify a loop with around a dozen stores that I hit in a day. In the other cities I've talked about, that's possible, but in LA, it simply isn't. I've often thought this is one of the reasons thrifters in these areas are so aggressive about new racks. It's all they've got without a brutal drive.

So when I thrift LA, I go out at 10am, hit one or a few select (little) stores, and head back at 2pm. I don't waste time at GW or Savers, except for a handful that have I have shortlisted. Too much wasted, frustrating time otherwise.

Bottom line: I still go. There is GREAT stuff in LA thrifts. But you trade volume for quality. I have done it long enough that I know where to go and what to expect. I would be really interested to hear from any daily LA thrifters about their experiences, but that's mine as an occasional, experienced thrifter.

Last edited:

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I live in LA, and I thrift basically exclusively locally, within a few miles of my work and office. I used to make big trips out to the west side, where there are some worthwhile groupings of three or four stores, but it just isn't worth it for me anymore unless I'm out there already.

goatamous II

Reaction score
Huge dead bird bag. Carry-on sized. Needs a wipe down and a few new pulls on the zips. Anyone know where I could snag some?
You may have luck reaching out to arctetyx directly to see if they can help you out

Unsure about them but in the past have had luck with getting buttons and other small things from brands. Arc may very well fall into the same boat

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You may have luck reaching out to arctetyx directly to see if they can help you out

Unsure about them but in the past have had luck with getting buttons and other small things from brands. Arc may very well fall into the same boat
Some fun finds today. All N/A. Haven’t been out much this year due to weather, hope to change that soon.

View attachment 2123075

60s or 70s minty Pendleton shacket. So sick I wish this fit me, but that’s what I get for being a yeti.

View attachment 2123077
Vintage wool Boy Scout jacket. Find these way less often than I used to, but I always pick them up as the styling is so classic.

View attachment 2123079
View attachment 2123081
View attachment 2123083
I've reached out to them, and they sent me the missing pulls for a backpack I found.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2123075

View attachment 2123077

View attachment 2123079
View attachment 2123081
View attachment 2123083
Put a keyring on it; done

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads