• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh nice, I think that'd be the executive at 3". I bought the 4", the President.

IMG_4799.jpeg

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Here are some on-location auction pix for the furniture folks. At this particular auction, they write your bidder # on tape (this week, it was green, and my permanent bidder # is 162), so you'll see that on the various pieces I won. I was able to grab a bunch of teak, mostly Mobler, for around $500 for all ($20-60 ppu). The Sun Cabinet Company console was the most "expensive" piece of teak at $90, and I will probably keep that, as it is gorgeous. The rest will all flip in a blink for around 10x (I get 50% on consignment, but have nothing more to do and it turns fast). Teak goes amazingly quickly around here. And yeah, I'd be tempted to keep a bunch more of this except I have been doing this for so long that there's very little I need any more.
IMG_3635.JPG

Mobler extendible desk
IMG_3636.JPG
IMG_3637.JPG

Matching chair and reversible tray ottoman
IMG_3638.jpg
IMG_3639.JPG

Keeping this one, most likely
IMG_3640.JPG

You'll notice the glimpse of the Ekornes set, but it was too worn for my taste at $300 winning bid. Fine for an end user. Got the two teak drawer units, though.
IMG_3641.JPG

Two pedestals, one solid, one with glass, and a nightstand.
IMG_3642.JPG
IMG_3643.JPG

Acrylic legs fuzzy ottoman: ten bucks
IMG_3644.JPG

Two Gideon Dagan Puzzle Wine Racks. $15. Won some design prize in the mid-aughts.
IMG_3646.JPG

Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams chrome and leather chair. $4500 or so. Paid up at $275, but hey, I'll do that all day long. Looks waaaaay better IRL. Was looking a bit rough after being sat upon by 100+ auction attendees, lol, but will Lexol just fine!
IMG_3645.JPG

Anyway, although the pix are kinda random, I hope they give you a sense of the auction environment and inspire you to seek out live auctions in your area. Great fun and fun finds, all in one spot! Well, and $$$$ for those who care about that . . . (And remember, the NWT and other PRL suits came from that same sale, so it was a damn good day).

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice it looks like a few of those are "Ervi Mobler". If I recall Mobler just means "Furniture" after translation. I recognized the grain of the Teak immediately as Ervi, as I have a set of 2 side drawer chest things.

That desk is killer, as well as that little side table nightstand. Would love to be 25 again decorating my bedroom with that Teak... Damn where did the last 10 years go.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice it looks like a few of those are "Ervi Mobler". If I recall Mobler just means "Furniture" after translation. I recognized the grain of the Teak immediately as Ervi, as I have a set of 2 side drawer chest things.

That desk is killer, as well as that little side table nightstand. Would love to be 25 again decorating my bedroom with that Teak... Damn where did the last 10 years go.
More information about this Finnish modernist. And as you said mobler (or möbler, with the umlauts on) means furniture in Swedish. Finland has a prominent Swedish speaking minority because we pretty much where one country until those damned Russian took the eastern part (Finland) in the early 1800's.

Last edited:

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
was the rug for sale holy cow
Yeah, but I missed the bidding on it. I don't remember why. It went out pretty cheap too. Maybe a hundred bucks. There was another insane basketweave RL wool rug that someone paid a grand for, but not flippable at that price. I went to $500 before going out on that one.

Yes, it's all Ervi-Möbler A/S stuff (except the console). Realized that after examining it closer. Thanks for jogging my memory about the meaning of Möbler. I do remember that now, as it's been a few years, lol.
More information about this Finish modernist. And as you said mobler (or Möbler, with the umlauts on) means furniture in Swedish. Finland has a prominent Swedish speaking minority because we pretty much where one country until those damned Russian took the eastern part (Finland) in the early 1800's.
Yep, that's him!! Love all the collective wisdom on this thread!!

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some on-location auction pix for the furniture folks. At this particular auction, they write your bidder # on tape (this week, it was green, and my permanent bidder # is 162), so you'll see that on the various pieces I won. I was able to grab a bunch of teak, mostly Mobler, for around $500 for all ($20-60 ppu). The Sun Cabinet Company console was the most "expensive" piece of teak at $90, and I will probably keep that, as it is gorgeous. The rest will all flip in a blink for around 10x (I get 50% on consignment, but have nothing more to do and it turns fast). Teak goes amazingly quickly around here. And yeah, I'd be tempted to keep a bunch more of this except I have been doing this for so long that there's very little I need any more.

Mobler extendible desk

Matching chair and reversible tray ottoman

Keeping this one, most likely

You'll notice the glimpse of the Ekornes set, but it was too worn for my taste at $300 winning bid. Fine for an end user. Got the two teak drawer units, though.

Two pedestals, one solid, one with glass, and a nightstand.

Acrylic legs fuzzy ottoman: ten bucks

Two Gideon Dagan Puzzle Wine Racks. $15. Won some design prize in the mid-aughts.

Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams chrome and leather chair. $4500 or so. Paid up at $275, but hey, I'll do that all day long. Looks waaaaay better IRL. Was looking a bit rough after being sat upon by 100+ auction attendees, lol, but will Lexol just fin

Anyway, although the pix are kinda random, I hope they give you a sense of the auction environment and inspire you to seek out live auctions in your area. Great fun and fun finds, all in one spot! Well, and $$$$ for those who care about that . . . (And remember, the NWT and other PRL suits came from that same sale, so it was a damn good day).

I own some of those!

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

More information about this Finnish modernist. And as you said mobler (or möbler, with the umlauts on) means furniture in Swedish. Finland has a prominent Swedish speaking minority because we pretty much where one country until those damned Russian took the eastern part (Finland) in the early 1800's.

just to add to this a lot of languages get their word for furniture from the same latin root: mobile/mobilis.

german & swedish: möbel
italian: mobilia
spanish: muebles
french: meuble
danish: møbel

and so on

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads