• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like an old West Point cadet jacket? I’ve found a military overcoat by the same maker that had a date from the 30s? If I’m remembering correctly.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I thought I would bring the following here before I made them available on the "open market." I can't say that I thrifted them either, but if the % rule of retail still applies, these fit the rule. Purchased with an intended individual in mind, but unfortunately, they will not work out. See X post from What I'm selling on eBay below:

Hey there! I just wanted to share that I recently purchased some fresh out-of-the-bag new without-tags sportcoats with a specific person in mind, but unfortunately, they aren't going to work out. I figured I'd give this community a chance to see if anyone is interested in them before I put them on the open market. Please let me know if you or anyone you know is a serious buyer and would love these items! They measure around 44 to 46 and have an underarm measurement of 23 inches.

They are Vicuna (14%)/Cashmere/Silk, have the original leather hanger, and come with the classic coral pin.
IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't recognize that lining pattern at all. Good pattern matching, looks like a handsewn button hole and the buttons look to have the extra thread for some space (can't remember what you call that.). I am going to guess custom of some kind, lets guess D'Avenza but I really don't know.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15 bucks little man, put that **** in my hand.

Keepsies.

IMG_1158.jpeg
IMG_1160.jpeg
IMG_1162.jpeg

Geranium

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_7880.jpeg
    IMG_7880.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7881.jpeg
    IMG_7881.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_7882.jpeg
    IMG_7882.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 73

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a more modern Crocket and Jones label? I found a few pairs today but only took home the nicest condition oxfords. Will get some pics up tomorrow. Was probably about five decent pairs of shoes by the same donator. Loake MIE, Cheaney, Church’s and Crockett and & Jones

Handgrade label.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like a handsewn button hole and the buttons look to have the extra thread for some space (can't remember what you call that.)

I also took notice of that - Shanked buttons? A lot of the time I see that it's on like Borrelli shirts with the hand done crowfoot/chickenfoot stitch and wound shank.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads