• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PGRoadhouse

Reaction score
@eazye gorgeous xxx beaver you got there.
goodwill is probably the worst sifter of the major chains, but every once in a while they forget to latch that barn door…
0805BB30-C946-4035-8903-701D0EED20F1.jpeg

Danner Acadias in leather and ballistic nylon. $12.99
2C3AE85B-8FF5-4C51-9FBC-BB4719452BB9.jpeg

You know those objects of desire that exist kind of conceptually, more an aggregate of cultural and media influences than a specific item? well, i’ve been looking for combat boots with a bit of a post apocalyptic profile; not fashion or workwear, ideally of solid make, preferably black. These are those. German probably has an elegant word for the satisfaction these wardrobe vagaries, but here’s another example:
2AAB50EC-6941-4DDE-99F5-D407FC67BEFD.jpeg

An ivory cashmere crewneck with a thickly tremendous shaker rib and delicate knit details at the collar and shoulders. The only variation between this sweater and the version in my minds eye is the origin - I imagined Scotland, rather than Italy. Though i faintly recall seeing the de Lisi on some impressive knitwear in the past.. anyway, next post will be more pics, less talk, I promise.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
You guys should check out Crossroads Trading Co this weekend if you have one near you. I went this morning and got a bunch of NWT Stone Island, Alyx, Lemaire, undercover tees and shorts the most expensive was $32.50 all with that blue corporate distribution tag. There was a lot of CDG play and other Japanese brands.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure when avirex milliaty contracts were. but i don't think they'd have used 3 piece arms. had to still be 2 piece with a one pieace back panel.
goodwill is probably the worst sifter of the major chains, but every once in a while they forget to latch that barn door…
View attachment 2003351
View attachment 2003353
You know those objects of desire that exist kind of conceptually, more an aggregate of cultural and media influences than a specific item? well, i’ve been looking for combat boots with a bit of a post apocalyptic profile; not fashion or workwear, ideally of solid make, preferably black. These are those. German probably has an elegant word for the satisfaction these wardrobe vagaries, but here’s another example:
View attachment 2003357
An ivory cashmere crewneck with a thickly tremendous shaker rib and delicate knit details at the collar and shoulders. The only variation between this sweater and the version in my minds eye is the origin - I imagined Scotland, rather than Italy. Though i faintly recall seeing the de Lisi on some impressive knitwear in the past.. anyway, next post will be more pics, less talk, I promise.
Oh, I love the "faux tactical look".

Thrift fit:
Endless Ammo MK100 jacket (guess the velcro patch)
Taylor Stitch charcoal button down
Taylor Stitch black selvedge jeans
Hydrogen-1 high tops
Military surplus BDU cap
Vintage Art-Craft optical sunglasses
FB_IMG_1691257392428.jpg

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2003351
View attachment 2003353
View attachment 2003357
I've never had any complaints!! ;)

Also, just found that same pair of Danner's in my size a few weeks back. I found the desert sand color a while back in my size too. Literally the best looking boots in the game.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rogue Territory were underpriced consignment, the rest is from the thrifts

IMG_5554.jpeg
IMG_5555.jpeg
IMG_5556.jpeg
IMG_5557.jpeg
IMG_5558.jpeg

This seemed nice enough to look for a tag
IMG_5559.jpeg
IMG_5560.jpeg

Same with these. Chloe is still on the website for $1.3k
IMG_5561.jpeg

Pop on anything Swaine Adeney
IMG_5562.jpeg
IMG_5563.jpeg

These need a little cleaning up but we’re cheap enough to gamble they’ll clean up nice.
IMG_5564.jpeg
IMG_5565.jpeg
IMG_5566.jpeg
IMG_5567.jpeg
IMG_5568.jpeg
IMG_5569.jpeg
IMG_5570.jpeg
IMG_5571.jpeg
IMG_5573.jpeg

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Saw an estate sale sign in my little town today. Not great, but not bad at five bucks a pop for everything.

Clockwise from top left: Magli Platinum, Banana Republic chelseas x 2, Vince Camuto, Ferragamo suede x 2, plus Braganos and fugly AE Delcliffe at front. All new.
62E99B63-2E6A-474F-B071-6F140E591FF5.jpeg

Toschi, Banana Republic suede, Ecco, not new but minty
B19A9CEB-F3B0-43C6-ADF1-8AADDB1AE85E.jpeg

Bijan pants, probably by Brioni
109F1E37-7BD9-4458-9A71-80283836BED0.jpeg

NWT Pants
370E02FD-63B0-4F9B-857D-8AEDBC8240FD.jpeg

Barbour Bois, Patagucci, Brooks etc. Also a Victorinox chrono.
9C7A9F96-12E4-4B11-8695-B2463ED0208D.jpeg

This guy obviously liked shopping more than wearing, lol. Not bad for a little local #onestop! EDIT: the somewhat shocking thing about this stop is that it was at the very end of the second day of the sale, right as they were packing up to be done. I hate to think what already flew out the door before I got there . . .

Last edited:

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Little stop in town.

Hermes had quite a vicious neck stain so catch and release.

IMG_9272.jpeg
IMG_9273.jpeg
IMG_9274.jpeg
IMG_9275.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics