• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iconicmuck

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the Brioni. Much more recent than I had assumed.

Hadn’t considered move-out week. Probably not the best location for that anyway where I am.

Pop on RLPL tailoring today, but couldn’t find matching pants, so passed for now. Am I correct in thinking this is part of a suit, not meant as just a jacket?
CBB59B50-AD57-4B83-B426-7487B2A18912.jpeg

9A34173B-6F69-4791-8346-8828DF6B00DE.jpeg

8354AA92-2908-4EEE-9C55-33D18607C4F3.jpeg

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

iconicmuck

Reaction score
did you find this jacket in los angeles, by chance?
By chance, I did. How’d you know?

I contemplated getting it as just an odd jacket, since it was only like $10 after the discount, but the arms are too short and with surgeon cuffs, it’s kinda a pain to adjust. Felt like selling an odd jacket may not be worth the time.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By chance, I did. How’d you know?

I contemplated getting it as just an odd jacket, since it was only like $10 after the discount, but the arms are too short and with surgeon cuffs, it’s kinda a pain to adjust. Felt like selling an odd jacket may not be worth the time.
take a sniff. does it smell like moth balls? my cousin bought it and his wife told him to get it out of the house due to the smell.

it might be better now since he had it on a hangar outside for 4 days. LOL!

iconicmuck

Reaction score
take a sniff. does it smell like moth balls? my cousin bought it and his wife told him to get it out of the house due to the smell.

it might be better now since he had it on a hangar outside for 4 days. LOL!
Yeah, it had that strong, peculiar odor. That’s hilarious, what a strange coincidence.

Only thing to ask him is if he had donated the pants!

sandfourman

Reaction score
Anyone else feel like thrifting finds tend to slow down in early summer? Slowly, the desirable racks are overtaken by an abundance of T-shirts, shorts, and swim trunks. Also, what's entailed by "ethrifting"? Still don't know if that just means purchased on eBay or some other site entirely. Well, at any rate, I've had some neat finds recently:

Here's a Brioni velvet blazer with some pretty fantastic buttons. Anyone know the rough year this was made based on the button design?
View attachment 1962037
View attachment 1962039

Isaia birdseye jacket that desperately needed to have a bunch of food stains removed. Looks like some spot treating did the trick, but now it desperately needs to be pressed.
View attachment 1962041

First full suit by Isaia that I've found - always have admired their chalkstripe patterns. And it's in impeccable shape. Fly in the ointment is that despite this milestone, it doesn't even remotely fit me, so I'll have no choice but to try my hand at selling it.
View attachment 1962043
View attachment 1962045

Kiton jacket unfortunately with a fair amount of moth holes. There's always something wrong with the Kiton donations, hopefully just biting the bullet on this one will break my curse.
View attachment 1962047

Luciano Barbera Tuxedo
View attachment 1962049

And lastly, I need some help identifying this overcoat. Might be a bit of a long shot since the only leads are the "Made in England" label and this care tag, but if the mystery can be solved anywhere, it's here...
View attachment 1962031
View attachment 1962033
View attachment 1962035
Racks haven't changed in a month at some of the places I go to. It's rough this summer

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it had that strong, peculiar odor. That’s hilarious, what a strange coincidence.

Only thing to ask him is if he had donated the pants!
Haha! Small world!

Naw, I was with him when he bought it. We were looking for the pants. No luck.

We found it at council thrift store at santa Monica boulevard and veteran if you wanna see if you'll have better luck!

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
A few recent finds...

A nice BB Regent Fit jacket...Fits great. I'm debating whether to keep it. I've got a much nicer cashmere Zegna in the same pattern, courtesy of @Woofa...

BB 1.png
BB 2.jpg

New-to-me brand of upland hunting pants. Made in USA

Pyke 1.png
Pyke 2.JPG

MiUSA lug sole loafers (by Rancourt, I believe)...

RL 1.png

RL 3.png

RL 2.png

Haven't adjusted the lighting yet. True black, shawl collar tux, 40R, 34W (complete with hanger)

Tux 1.jpg

Tux 2.jpg

Tux 3.jpg

3 Taos Shirts...

Ibex.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads