• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A36E63B3-B8A6-4D7F-8199-62B5170BF533.jpeg
33258082-EEFF-42AA-B542-95B432D59A9E.jpeg
D41B1C18-3CAD-4B19-B681-51839E12A195.jpeg

Duly Noted

Reaction score
Hello thrift thread. Forgive my long absence, I've been consumed with school and work.

However, I couldn't leave you guys out of the loop today...

I found two super-vintage Hardy Aimes suits. Not amazing quality, but interesting vintage style and Donegal fabrics... with matching sweater vests! Never seen that before. Annnd, cheaply priced.

So, sure, I figured. Good flips.

And then, while damage checking, $2000 in cash fell out of a trouser pocket.

View attachment 1812248

I didn't know how much it was at first. I just saw the first hundred in a rubber band and snatched it up in a split second.

Checked out with my pulse hammering. Fully expected them to be prop bills.

Got to car, counted them out, shat bricks.

View attachment 1812249

$22 well spent. Praised be the Thrift Gods
At a charity shop? Did you not at least give them 10% for karma?

Voidoid

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity.
Found D'avenza sport coat , but in 46L size. Will it be easy to flip?
I didnt take any pictures, but it's nice 2 buttons brown-beige check.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Another week, another Pendy. This one has a few nibbles, but they'll disappear with a good suede brush.

IMG_2522.JPG

And a question for those of you who fight the eyewear battles: I just had cataracts sucked out of both eyes and new lenses put in. Now have 20/20 vision, stunning clarity and first time I've been able to see far away since I was 4 or so. But the procedure has reversed my usual vision, in the sense that I used to have to wear glasses to see far away, but now I need them for up-close. First thing I realized post-op was that I could no longer read the text on my phone or Apple watch. Yikes. So I have readers for inside, but the optometrist told me that Maui Jim makes sunglasses with readers on a bifocal, and she tried to sell me a pair for $300. Yeah, right. You're not gonna make that sale to one of us lot. So here's the question: any of you have a nice pair of Maui Jims in your backlog that happen to have a +2.5 reader bifocal on the bottom? If so, please PM! Thanks! I'll start the hunt, of course, but didn't even realize those were a thing until I needed them, lol . . . Looking forward to hitting the racks again once the post-op light sensitivity settles down . . .

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another week, another Pendy. This one has a few nibbles, but they'll disappear with a good suede brush.

View attachment 1880546

And a question for those of you who fight the eyewear battles: I just had cataracts sucked out of both eyes and new lenses put in. Now have 20/20 vision, stunning clarity and first time I've been able to see far away since I was 4 or so. But the procedure has reversed my usual vision, in the sense that I used to have to wear glasses to see far away, but now I need them for up-close. First thing I realized post-op was that I could no longer read the text on my phone or Apple watch. Yikes. So I have readers for inside, but the optometrist told me that Maui Jim makes sunglasses with readers on a bifocal, and she tried to sell me a pair for $300. Yeah, right. You're not gonna make that sale to one of us lot. So here's the question: any of you have a nice pair of Maui Jims in your backlog that happen to have a +2.5 reader bifocal on the bottom? If so, please PM! Thanks! I'll start the hunt, of course, but didn't even realize those were a thing until I needed them, lol . . . Looking forward to hitting the racks again once the post-op light sensitivity settles down . . .

never cheap out on your eyes and penis they’re the most valuable assets you own.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here's the question: any of you have a nice pair of Maui Jims in your backlog that happen to have a +2.5 reader bifocal on the bottom? If so, please PM!

Swing and a miss. I have a pair of MJ sunglasses with scrip lenses, but not bifocal. Good luck on the hunt!

TNSOUTHERNER

Reaction score

View attachment 1880546

In the meantime, years ago I bought inexpensive magnifying lenses you could wet and stick on to regular sunglass at Bass Pro - they were made for fly fishermen and worked great

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1880546

I believe @goatamous II has a pair of Ho'okipa with MJ bifocal lenses listed from my old backlog that might fit the bill. I'll PM you a link and maybe if they work you guys can figure something out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads