• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
finally getting around to photographing some stuff from the last few weeks. 2 cool suitcase - 1 alu rimowa, 1 dror studio for tumi

B7469355-17D8-4351-AF06-8593283E7ECE.jpeg
73D1AB38-EB87-403E-9293-E70B5005F305.jpeg

Basso

Reaction score
can anyone reply to this with the link to "the method" I think it's called? It's the cleaning method that works reaaall good. I remember reading about it a few thousand pages ago.

iconicmuck

Reaction score
"You know, what I'd really like to find is something from Kiton."

Oh?
IMG_5612.JPG

*the monkey's paw curls*

Oh...
IMG_5614.JPG

I'm going to be traumatized by this for awhile. Gotta wonder what it must be like to have the cash to buy something like this new and treat it with such little regard...

@carreragt7 with the jeans, I hate to disappoint, but they were not Levi's - don't even remember what they were anymore. They were from an obscure, but otherwise unimpressive brand.

@silverwarebandit huh, hadn't considered the possibility that these were display models as well. Or perhaps used for product photography or something where it was helpful for them to be oversized? I suppose that's a less depressing explanation that someone actually needing a size 72.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"You know, what I'd really like to find is something from Kiton."

Oh?
View attachment 1879324

*the monkey's paw curls*

Oh...
View attachment 1879326

I'm going to be traumatized by this for awhile. Gotta wonder what it must be like to have the cash to buy something like this new and treat it with such little regard...

@carreragt7 with the jeans, I hate to disappoint, but they were not Levi's - don't even remember what they were anymore. They were from an obscure, but otherwise unimpressive brand.

@silverwarebandit huh, hadn't considered the possibility that these were display models as well. Or perhaps used for product photography or something where it was helpful for them to be oversized? I suppose that's a less depressing explanation that someone actually needing a size 72.
This isnt exactly relatable but you dont know how many times I am have seen a pair of Big E Levis that have been turned into cut offs for no reason at all (Never Nude). Other than being as rich as these people who destroyed a Kiton SC. I dont get it, but to each their own. SH

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@iconicmuck rich fool should’ve gone to John Wick’s tailor…

And I’m glad to hear the larger jeans weren’t Levisss

@cpmac7 if they’re legit Big E I’m sure they’d still sell well to some denim head that also likes Jorts. I’d never leave them. Which reminds me, I popped on ironhearrrt a couple months back. Jeans cut into shorts. Next day I went back and found same size jeans that hadn’t met the same fate along with a nice denim jacket from Indigoferrra. Hadn’t seen much selvedggge stuff, vintage or otherwise in quite some time.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I mean... holy moley. That's one of the best thrift record hauls I've ever seen. And all absolutely 100% up my alley, too. I may die of jealousy. What say I... TRIPLE YOUR MONEY?!

Moved to a location where I never expected to continue thrifting to any notable degree. Today just completely proved that false. Price per record $2.59. This was one stop, albeit at a shack not a thrift. Most are first pressings.

View attachment 1878811 View attachment 1878812 View attachment 1878813 View attachment 1878814 View attachment 1878815 View attachment 1878816

These are limited edition box sets. View attachment 1878817

I’ve been looking for this for years.
View attachment 1878818

And then decided to make one quick stop at a thrift and these talon era mackinaw pants were sticking out of a rack. Today was a good day.

View attachment 1878819 View attachment 1878820

Juntao90

Reaction score
What is the quality of Barba Napoli sport coats? I know them for their shirting but are their tailoring offerings on par with other Neopolitan houses?

mskis

Reaction score
Another non clothing find, needed a very deep cleanup, but well worth it… not thrift, but about about 1/2 of what it should have been.

wowowow. Finding tool truck anything for a good price is unreal

I mean... holy moley. That's one of the best thrift record hauls I've ever seen. And all absolutely 100% up my alley, too. I may die of jealousy. What say I... TRIPLE YOUR MONEY?!

50 cents each today.
image.jpg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LukasK

Reaction score
I would like to share my favourite ethrift from past week. Dege&Skinner double breasted overcoat, my guess is camel from the feel. Size is small to medium. It was probably made for Oman's staff in their London buildings as Dege&Skinner makes a lot of uniforms. I can't help myself to stop thingking whether the coat may have belonged to the previous Sultan of Oman.
View attachment 1878340 View attachment 1878342 View attachment 1878343 View attachment 1878344 View attachment 1878345

I think Dege&Skinner won't reply to my message on their instagram but I found this post. It seems as the same coat in terms of cut, lapel holes... :D They call it "vicuña overcoat" so it can be first vicuna for me. I wouldn't belive that it they would make 100% vicuna coat for servant in Oman. They marked Scabal as the maker of the fabric. Is there someone who can confirm that fabric on the picture seems like 100% vicuna made by Scabal?

Would 100% vicuna coat from Savile Row made for Sultan attack the value of crococodile Belstaff jacket? 😅

degeskinner.jpg
dege2.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads