• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I wasn't aware that that gentleman wore Ralph Lauren sportswear. Good to know!

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
This Battenkill rolling duffle from a couple weeks ago did well...

O 1.jpg

1A8AFDD6-9EDF-40AD-B132-52754A1A8983.png

I went back to the same spot today and found this...

O 2.jpg

O 3.jpg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't believe it's been over a year since I posted here. Job, wife, house and two kids have kept me busy, but I'm really not getting out much. Lots of stores near me have closed since COVID and others really haven't recovered. Either limited stock, little new stock and stuff sits for months.

Recent Luciano Barbera for my brother. So bummed this doesn't fit me.
B18D0ABF-3DDF-46BC-ADE2-8C85C11E56FB.jpeg

NWOT Sartoria Partenopea. Unhemmed pants. My size. Fits oh so perfectly.
23929537-5C41-44FA-9E89-9DF6504ECEC4.jpeg
19C7F9DC-E969-4490-A555-E4AC0B32B4D4.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. It's great when you find that killer item that will resell for a lot.. but then when it's attached to a famous actor, movie, etc.. especially an item/scenes with such PANACHE as that one.. You've got a golden ticket.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold that PRL sweater last year. Open auction. Wonder what it would fetch now?
I don't think the Kanye association would hurt the sweater value. It's just a historical classic that looks awesome.

There's been one recently sold on one marketplace at $400, size L, but reading the description there was flaws with it. There's also been some sold and some listed on other marketplaces for around $400+.

Mine, size L, is in good condition and will probably brighten up with a cold hand wash in woolite. A flat dry on towels, de-pilling with lint machine and an inside-out hand press should flatten the knit down and make it nice and crisp. I'd value it at $450-500, maybe 600 tops, but I believe collectability will increase over time as it's a nice classic Polo piece.

Probably won't sell as I've begun to enjoy collecting vintage Polo pieces. My favorite subgenre of Polo is the sort of "Country / Western / Military / RRL" vibe. Speaking of, here's another piece from the same donor as that sweater:

1-6.JPG

The front only gives a slight indication as to the back pattern.

1-7.JPG

Looks like an older vintage tag, but I know they're using these on the new cheapo re-pop cash-grab stuff they're popping out recently..
1-8.JPG

Ah this is the tag that I want to see inside the hem, not that newer style junk. We've got an authentic vintage piece.

This shirt is all back hit:
1-9.JPG

1-10.JPG

:wink:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads