• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Either anti-theft or anti-theft recovery, haha. @Sartoriamo
Thieves rattle can bikes to make them harder to identify, too.
When I lived in Seattle I had one of those cool Montague paratrooper folding bikes and I wrapped that thing’s frame with black electrical tape to make it seem cheap. Worked. Never got stolen. I credit the tape job, but it might have been the ugly aesthetic of the bike itself. Haha

Last edited:

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Turtle? I am bad identifying these things.
20211113_215623.jpg
20211113_215628.jpg
20211113_215632.jpg

tonylamerCJC

Reaction score
The weather looks like **** the next couple of weeks, so my millennial's workshop (i.e. my deck in the backyard of my rental) might be shut down for the winter. I was able to finish these pieces over the last couple of weeks. A few more are small enough that I should be able to put a tarp down in the basement and complete them. Will post pics when done.

I really like this furniture refinishing niche. Doing the work is therapeutic and it just feels so much better than striking out at the thrift.

I had a knock-down argument with my dad this week over his boomer disdain for me doing this as a hobby. He can't figure out how or why I would do this instead of lying on the couch watching Netflix. He's stuck in the boomerverse of 1993 when a house in Toronto was $250,000 and payroll taxes were $1,500 and the counterman at the deli retired at 55 to his 2nd or 3rd home (cottage or place in Miami). Sad to say the money from this side hustle is actually being used to pay the bills. Which caused him to flip out.

Kai Kristiansen:

IMG_7571.JPG

RS Associates

IMG_7862.JPG

Wakefield:

IMG_7789.JPG

Uldum:

IMG_7675.JPG

This table was marked down to $5 at the thrift because the '70s lacquer finish had turned green. Probably my favourite transformation:

IMG_7600.JPG

IMG_7605.JPG

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather looks like **** the next couple of weeks, so my millennial's workshop (i.e. my deck in the backyard of my rental) might be shut down for the winter. I was able to finish these pieces over the last couple of weeks. A few more are small enough that I should be able to put a tarp down in the basement and complete them. Will post pics when done.

I really like this furniture refinishing niche. Doing the work is therapeutic and it just feels so much better than striking out at the thrift.

I had a knock-down argument with my dad this week over his boomer disdain for me doing this as a hobby. He can't figure out how or why I would do this instead of lying on the couch watching Netflix. He's stuck in the boomerverse of 1993 when a house in Toronto was $250,000 and payroll taxes were $1,500 and the counterman at the deli retired at 55 to his 2nd or 3rd home (cottage or place in Miami). Sad to say the money from this side hustle is actually being used to pay the bills. Which caused him to flip out.

Kai Kristiansen:

View attachment 1703584

RS Associates

View attachment 1703585

Wakefield:

View attachment 1703587

Uldum:

View attachment 1703589

This table was marked down to $5 at the thrift because the '70s lacquer finish had turned green. Probably my favourite transformation:

View attachment 1703603

View attachment 1703604

Just when I thought I couldn't hate you more, you post these gems

hate.gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few things from last week.

No mohair left behind.

DSC00383.JPG

DSC00387.JPG

DSC00390.JPG

DSC00392.JPG

I usually don't pick up Bobby Jones, but this was one of my exceptions. I had this exact jacket about 8-10 years ago. Alpaca lining.

DSC00470.JPG

DSC00472.JPG

I found this several months back, but can't recall if I posted it. Finally got around to photographing it. Another Bobby Jones exception.

DSC00480.JPG

DSC00485.JPG

This is pretty wild.

IMG_5556.JPG

IMG_5557.JPG

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Recent finds...

Nothing available at the moment.

Vintage bespoke on the left and shearling on the right. Center is normally a nothing brand, but really knocked it out of the park on that one.

fullsizeoutput_21fba.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21fbb.jpeg

Vintage Barbour trench:

fullsizeoutput_21fbc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21fbd.jpeg

Big guy Harris Tweed:

fullsizeoutput_21fbe.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21fbf.jpeg

Grabbed a guy's bespoke shoe collection. He has good taste. Pair on the far right are from him but Ludwig Reiter. Front are Lendvay & Schwarcz.

fullsizeoutput_21fc0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21fc1.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21fc3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21fc2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21fc6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21fc4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21fc5.jpeg

I think this is either Pringle or Peter Scott. Probably a moot point, didn't notice a repair that was made front and center.

fullsizeoutput_21fa3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21fc7.jpeg

Leiker

Reaction score

Kai Kristiansen:

View attachment 1703584

RS Associates

View attachment 1703585

Wakefield:

View attachment 1703587

Uldum:

View attachment 1703589

View attachment 1703603

View attachment 1703604
Love those Wakefield tables.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads