• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tonylamer

Reaction score
Pics. It's a true polo coat—martingale back and all (single missing button notwithstanding). The holes are on the "inner" flap of the DB, but clearly goddamn enormous. Heartbreaking.

I would get that fixed. Still well worth $100 (in my opinion). If I were buying that to wear and it arrived like that, I'd flinch--but it's not a huge deal. If you're re-selling it, i guess you have to do a cost-benefit.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Following up to my last post...
I snapped a couple pics of the painting and emailed them along with a polite request for information on the piece (if available) and literally 25 minutes later get a call from the artist’s son (who then translates between myself and his father). It’s legit, and in their words it is the first -or one of the first- paintings he did on this particular religious moment. So the historical importance of this piece goes way up. Going to be in communication with them and see what comes of it. Kinda crazy.

Not a bad 2nd day back at it. There is only one thrift store within reasonable driving distance that has opened back up so far. Along with the already mentioned painting, found the below guitar, couple pair of MJ sunnies, and a couple larger decent but not brag worthy furniture pieces for potentially personal use. It appears they haven’t really done any new clothing processing, not sure if due to short staffing or some sort of caution due to the sickness I haven’t seen much about. The Tecatevirus or something like that. I’ll look into it, haha.

46EC725C-365D-46BB-9C8D-369846DFFE21.jpeg

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big shoutout to @tonylumpkin. I expressed an interest in the Oxxford hangars and now they show up at my door. What a kind gesture and typical of this thread. Thank you sir.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads