• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well yeah it's inescapable.china is like a woman,can't live with them can't live without them .

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps not as amazing as what @330CK and others find in the art stuff... but, I think this is an original. Has some damage. Dude is mainly a religious painter and a member of the church that dominates this wonderful state that I call home. His work looks to fetch decent rates, and probably only going to go up as he’s been featured in prominent religious art exhibits as of late. He is still alive (84 years old) so I’m going to reach out and see if I get a response as to the provenance of it. The custom framework is dated 1975, so it’s an older work.
EDIT: I snapped a couple pics and emailed them along with a polite request for information on the piece (if available) and legitimately 25 minutes later get a call from the artist’s son (who then translates between myself and his father). It’s legit, and in their words it is the first -or one of the first- paintings he did on this particular religious moment. So the historical importance of this piece goes way up. Going to be in communication with them and see what comes of it. Kinda crazy.
24AB7FDF-64B9-4D2F-80B3-3F1D704F7AF9.jpeg

Last edited:

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the stores to open up and hopefully, they make the announcement for next week. I have a feeling they're setting up thrift stores with IKEA layout, which is dumb.

Also, cheap plug for a podcast I started because I'm bored:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Close, but no cigar. Actually, I was: In a bathing suit, cruising down the Intracoastal to Mar A Lago, in a 27' Sailfish center console (made in Cairo, Georgia), but thanks for playing. :)

View attachment 1385344

Our Big Beautiful Boaters ??

But that part wasn’t aimed directly at you, more a general statement.

that does remind me of back in 2015 leading up to the election, I was turning left onto Okeechobee from Dixie, and in the little strip of grass there were 3-4 well-dressed, older white women with signs that said “the silent majority for Trump” but the absolute best part was this one woman was screaming, “I AM NOT A MINORITY!” Gotta love it.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm confused whats wrong with huawei?

I don't want to speak for him .probably just an anti china sentiment (trust me i limit what I buy there too now)
But they were also accused by the US of having spyware ,totally debunked btw.
Had to do more with politics ,lobbying and tariffs then innovation .

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Help, thrift thread. :(

I made what would've been a score of an e-thrift a few days ago, with a Donegal tweed PRL 6x2 polo coat for a Benjamin. Unfortunately, dealing with dumb poshmark sellers is a double-edged sword.

When it arrived, the first thing I saw were these two BIG holes on the front lower edge of the coat. Doesn't look like moth damage—more like two snags which were allowed to grow larger over time.

Under normal circumstances, I'd be boxing it straight back up, along with a note telling the seller where they can stick it... But this coat is such an epic piece... And the fabric is very coarse, meaning re-weaving would be a lot easier than it typically is. Might even a DIY job! Annnd, it's a Poshmark buy, which means I either return the item or I don't—no partials.

Help me, my masters!

Pictures imminent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads