• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was hoping someone would run with that... also was hoping when I sniffed them it wouldnt smell of humans or worse. Its like I got lucky twice (though that character would have been let down). BTW are those AE's firsts or seconds? I dont see a cut on the instep. No difference to me as they they fit fine. Perhaps this pair will get me over my aversion to used shoes. I kinda want to recondition a pair for this year's upcoming shoe revitalization thread because I like patina work and I have some ideas. These AE's are in too good of condition for that though. I grew up near Port Washington Wisconsin so AE was this whole thing.

That is a really cool Kei, congrats!

Thrilling feeling isnt that? Tracking that post was like watching a lone ice age warrior take down a wounded mastodon with just a spear... there was a trail.
AE second are marked with a shoe imprint on the sole near the heel:

LL.jpeg

BTW, it's seldom as well imprinted as in the image above. You may also see FR (Factory Reject) on older shoes. Recrafts have a hammer:

ae3.jpg

Pyrrhomaniac

Reaction score
Are there services to rewax a coat? I just found a vintage Banana Republic that has care instructions for wax coating, but it's clearly been stripped. Am I left to the trial and error of doing it myself?

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I'm just ******* around. I feel like a missing member of Greta Van Fleet. Lol!

APC selvedge
Freedman denim shirt
Wolverine 1000 mile boots
Pall Mall bomber

The jacket was worth the $25 for this evening's entertainment value.

Eh, I think I'll chalk this one up as a loss and give it to my niece.

20190225_212448.jpg

Last edited:

Caigan

Reaction score
Evening Gentlemen-
I just joined hoping for information and education! I’m always hunting vintage clothing & shoes, but seems I’ve been finding more men’s pieces than women’s. Not complaining...just need to start learning more about brands/ history/ gauging age.
A few days ago (and the reason for finding a forum in hopes of help), I picked up a pair of Hanovers, a pair of Johnston & Murphy and a Brioni suit jacket- paid 2.00 each!
All look to be somewhat older, but I’m way too green to know HOW to date/ identify these.
The Hanovers have had the sole replaced, and I can’t find ANYTHING about the metal name plate on the bottom of the Johnston & Murphy pair.
Any information in dating these/value is greatly appreciated!

Link to gallery for J & M...these are the ones that I’d like to know about first!

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
Found some cool sweaters the other day along with a gang of outerwear from lulu, NF, and ibex.

I have a soft spot for/from oldstyle so this was a no brainer.

3F47BDFD-6303-4C64-A25A-306FAAFBAC6C.jpeg

This piece is wool and sadly, resale doesn’t look promising...perfect for sniping personals in the future tho. Logo is for Muirfield GC. Pop
1437416D-9351-4744-92A9-50274F978289.jpeg AFD284FB-F622-4079-9142-211EE7E3CBEB.jpeg

Feel like I’ve seen this in here or the eBay thread before but total fugazi Lora piano right?
4B2F610F-F907-42D0-8254-8AF8AC1AA9C1.png

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
Evening Gentlemen-
I just joined hoping for information and education! I’m always hunting vintage clothing & shoes, but seems I’ve been finding more men’s pieces than women’s. Not complaining...just need to start learning more about brands/ history/ gauging age.
A few days ago (and the reason for finding a forum in hopes of help), I picked up a pair of Hanovers, a pair of Johnston & Murphy and a Brioni suit jacket- paid 2.00 each!
All look to be somewhat older, but I’m way too green to know HOW to date/ identify these.
The Hanovers have had the sole replaced, and I can’t find ANYTHING about the metal name plate on the bottom of the Johnston & Murphy pair.
Any information in dating these/value is greatly appreciated!

Link to gallery for J & M...these are the ones that I’d like to know about first!

Welcome!

My .02...
-read thrift thread part 2
-donate those JM’s to goodwill/SA
-then re-read part 2 again.
Happy hunting

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked up some video on it from Barbour, it seemed way more involved. Is this method really simple and easy?

The one where the dude lives in a cabin and made it a prerequisite to continue?

It's just rub wax onto jacket; blow dry for evenness; wipe excess; leave for 24 hours

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dietsandmore