• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
Dang! This was the last day of the sale? I never understand how some of that stuff makes it to the last day.
Yeah last day of the sale. Their original asking prices were a little steep then the homeowner told them they had to have everything out of the house by 4pm today so they went into panic mode I think.
Nice looking gear. The croc loafers, polo suits and Ferrari luggage is all very cohesive for the previous owner's character and lifestyle.
Thanks, yes this guy knew how to spend his money. They said he was a brain surgeon

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Dayum, not so sure about following that monster haul from Mr Wingtip, but hey, life goes on. My inventory acquisition is very patchy atm, as it's hit triple digits in Phx so my visits to auctions down there are now suspended until I acquire a cooling vest. I have loaded too many trailers with furniture in 115 degrees, and I just don't handle it like I used to. But I still visit my three local thrifts a couple times a week, so stuff trickles in. Here's a bit of it:

Someone was talking the other week (Wooly, maybe?) about how we deal with ties, and this was a good example: I recognized a 'Gamo from a distance, and as we all know ties rarely show up as singletons, so it was time to dig in. Yep, another 'Gamo, an Allyn "Marathon" that some runner will spring for, and an NWT Eton.
IMG_0559.jpeg
IMG_0560.jpeg

Sanyos don't get a whole lotta love, but they are amongst the best-constructed, functional outerwear I've come across, so I have a couple in my own wardrobe. This was one long, one car-coat length, both with detachable liners. I find these flip well.
IMG_0558.jpeg

Robust Carhaart dungarees for the quick flip.
IMG_0557.jpeg

Fall inventory is here: a nice alpaca bearcat for the girls from Saks
IMG_0556.jpeg

A nice minty Scully blazer
IMG_0550.jpeg

Scottevest jacket. This thing is awesome, with hidden pockets everywhere. I need to get one in my size for my next Europe trip. Those ubiquitous pickpockets don't have a chance, lol.
IMG_0548.jpeg

NWT Polo cargo shorts in salmon for four bucks? Sure, I'll bite
IMG_0543.jpeg

Bench-made lizard boots from a maker my own bootmaker will have to identify.
IMG_0546.jpeg

Kuhls for me
IMG_0547.jpeg

Some jackets. Burb, Cremyuck just in time for the season, and a Crittenden that's surprisingly nice, with Italian-style tailoring details.
IMG_0555.jpeg
IMG_0554.jpeg
IMG_0553.jpeg

I was going to do a "guess the maker" on this dress until I saw it was plastered all over it, lol. I had no idea they even made dresses. A thousand bucks on the label. Whaaaaat?
IMG_0562.jpeg
IMG_0563.jpeg

I thought they only made these (this one's got the liner too):
IMG_0565.jpeg

More quilting:
IMG_0561.jpeg

Another pair of crocodile cap toes, no doubt from the same consignor as the black pair from Zelli last week. Just gorgeous.
IMG_0569.jpeg

And finally, my favorite find from yesterday. I saw a hand-written estate sale sign and decided to drop by. There was a small rack of clothing, mostly women's, but a handful of men's items as well. Most were the usual SJB and Izod junk, though the Scully came from there, but tucked in next to an old Palm Beach was this thing of beauty:
IMG_0551.jpeg

A pure linen bomber with cotton cuffs, collar and waist. Just gorgeous, and my size too (dammit) . . .
IMG_0552.jpeg

That's it for now! I think I'm at my photo limit, so the rest can wait . . . Rock on, gang!

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think eagle clothes made that sharkskin suit that Rod Serling wore in "a kind of stopwatch". i actually have the same suit!

classicthrifter

Reaction score
Another question for the team, sorry. This is probably super simple. What are the four lines and do they relate to the size of the Allen Edmonds Dalton boots I posted previously? Is the size just 9E on these boots and why is the E stylized? Thanks!

AE Daltons Size Tag.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads