• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overheard today at the Rose Bowl flea market, from one low-rent Post Malone to another: "Bruh, I been thrifting since 2K20."
Man....this comment got me thinking, and then I noticed my start date on this website/forum. I've been enjoying the company of you fine folks for 17 years (well, 17 years and 1 month). Time sure flies. Seems like just yesterday I was on here asking about no-name fake Italian labels (the dark ages, when posts with photos were few and far between). :laugh:

heathenist

Reaction score
Man....this comment got me thinking, and then I noticed my start date on this website/forum. I've been enjoying the company of you fine folks for 17 years (well, 17 years and 1 month). Time sure flies. Seems like just yesterday I was on here asking about no-name fake Italian labels (the dark ages, when posts with photos were few and far between). :laugh:
Almost 12 years for me, but with nearly a decade of a hiatus lol

But I’ve been thrifting since childhood because I used to be poor (I still am but used to be too). I distinctly remember thrifting a pair of barely worn sneakers in middle school over 20 years ago. The first day I wore them to school I found out they had belonged to one of my best friends but he never wore them so his mom donated them lol.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very quick little one stop at a place I’d never been today. We were on our way to get a Christmas tree and realized we needed a stand so we stopped at the closest thrift store that was open.

View attachment 2087749

View attachment 2087751
View attachment 2087753

1950s (I think) 7 1/8 3x Stetson Open Road and unknown shell longwings. The hat is about a quarter inch too small for me and the shoes fit but are in desperate need of a resole so who knows if I’ll ever cough up the dough for that.
Nice hat!! Could just be the photo, but something seems off about those shoes. Corfam, perhaps? Maybe just a hard life.

heathenist

Reaction score
Nice hat!! Could just be the photo, but something seems off about those shoes. Corfam, perhaps? Maybe just a hard life.
Yeah, I suppose it’s possible. I’ve never seen corfam in person, but these look like other old shell shoes I’ve found in terms of the rolls and (non) crease areas. They are certainly very beat up. For $6 I just took a chance.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I suppose it’s possible. I’ve never seen corfam in person, but these look like other old shell shoes I’ve found in terms of the rolls and (non) crease areas. They are certainly very beat up. For $6 I just took a chance.
Yeah for $6, no shell left behind!

iconicmuck

Reaction score
Just found this today, but can anyone explain what the deal is with Stile Latino? Apparently, it was founded by Vincenzo Attolini, grandson of the OG Cesare. But does it have any affiliation with the greater Cesare Attolini brand? Is it their cheaper entry level stuff, or is the cut different for a younger, more fashion forward clientele? Or is just a competing company that happens to also have an Attolini scion running it?

image_123927839(1).JPG

image_123927839(2).JPG

Also, why don't the cuffs come with sewn-on buttons? There is this plastic bag with what I assume are the cuff buttons, but why sell it like this?

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, why don't the cuffs come with sewn-on buttons? There is this plastic bag with what I assume are the cuff buttons, but why sell it like this?
Well, you "have" to go to the tailor and get the length right anyway, right? Might as well make it perfect with sewn button holes and right number of buttons then.

tmsgks

Reaction score
Just found this today, but can anyone explain what the deal is with Stile Latino? Apparently, it was founded by Vincenzo Attolini, grandson of the OG Cesare. But does it have any affiliation with the greater Cesare Attolini brand? Is it their cheaper entry level stuff, or is the cut different for a younger, more fashion forward clientele? Or is just a competing company that happens to also have an Attolini scion running it?

View attachment 2087959

View attachment 2087961

As far as I know, it is a separate brand, curated by a branch of the Attolini's family.
It isn't directly linked to the Cesare attolini brand, even though, as one could expect, they share the production lines and the manufacturers

View attachment 2087959

View attachment 2087961

PGRoadhouse

Reaction score
I'd say the good old days of scottish cashmere was the 90s into the 2000s/early 2010s, before internet seeped into the mainstream and blew the doors off everything. I started thrifting in 2012ish and managed to put together a decent cashmere capsule, most of which have holes or pulls of varying severity that allowed me to justifying keeping them instead of reselling. You know how it is.
IMG_5764.jpeg

V necks - the yellow & blue pringles were some of the first sweaters I thrifted. The more recent BB knits are nice and show up with some frequency but they lack the hardiness of the OG scottish stuff.
IMG_5762.jpeg

cardigans- two more pringles in earth hues, a well loved burberrys, also by pringle, and a great staple navy L&S for L&T. love the details on these; raglan shoulders, decent pockets, and ideally substantial mop buttons.
IMG_5765.jpeg

crewnecks - a moss green welsh knit from Turnbull & Asser that wears like a sweatshirt, a fisherman handknit from Mark Cross that remains one of my favorite pieces of clothing (though it desperately needs a good wash). Oh, and apparently 1 out of a million unbranded fleecy quarter zips is actually pure Hawick cashmere. Who knew.
None of the above are recent finds, but this is:
IMG_5731.jpeg

there was some discussion of the good LRL recently-
IMG_5732.jpeg

well, the previous owner removed all the interior tags and what was originally a leather strap and silver concho closure, but the sheer ralphiness of this thing was unmistakeable. sure enough -
Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 3.01.16 PM.png

like Junta I automatically assumed RRL just due to the sheer heft
IMG_5733.jpeg

super chunky pure wool, entirely handknit with a beautifully executed southwestern motif throughout
IMG_5763.jpeg

mojave sunset. corduroys also by Ralph as if there could be any doubt.
IMG_5766.jpeg

goatamous II

Reaction score

View attachment 2087959

View attachment 2087961

Pretty sure Vincenzo is Cesare's son
it's supposed to be the modern styling take on classic Italian tailoring
the fact that the buttons are still in bag and no button holes made would indicate to me that the jacket is new, which is a great find!

FWIW, the last time i found a Stile Latino jacket (pre-owned), I flipped it for $675, though it did sit for some time before I got that sale.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My son over the weekend as I’m grabbing a coat out of the coat closet: “Dad. You have too many coats. I think you have more coats than all of us combined!”

So what happened today….I bought another coat. The one-in-one-out rule must apply though, as he did have a point. 😆

Fits like a glove.

IMG_3478.jpeg

IMG_3479.jpeg

IMG_3480.jpeg

IMG_3477.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads