• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats, @Purplelabel! Wishing you all the best!
Does anyone else's partners/wives/girlfriends just go into your inventory/listing room or office and shop your racks? I swear she comes up here like twice a week and checks things out.. She just peeled a nice TNF 600 fill goosedown parka off of me last night..

Thankfully my wife is pretty picky on clothing, and she doesn’t really care about labels vs style. She mostly buys from Target, Old Navy,clearance racks at Ann Taylor, Loft, etc. With that said, she has claimed more than a few Lulu pieces over the years. I recall when Lululemon just appeared on the scene and we were walking around the Mall of America (this must have been 2010-ish). We saw the brand new Lulu store. At that time, nobody had really heard about it. We walked in and were floored at how someone would pay $80+ for a pair of exercise pants. :laugh: A couple months later, I found a pair of pants with that familiar logo at the thrift store. I bought them, knowing how expensive they were new. Got home and looked them up on the computer (didn't have a smart phone) and was blown away that these were selling for near retail (they really held their value resale wise for 4-5 years at least). I folded them and walked away to do something or another. Later that day, I heard my wife from the other room "Honey, did you buy these for me? They're super comfortable!". She still has that pair to this day.

PGRoadhouse

Reaction score
oof
IMG_5716.jpeg

the salval gals knew what they had, but the price was right enough. n/a
IMG_5720.jpeg

DinhoT51

Reaction score
Quick follow up from me. I posted this on the Fake or Real thread last night but there may be more traction here. Hopefully ok to ask here as it's an ethrift question, though the listing has ended now. However I'd still like to ask for my own knowledge in the future from any Ralph Lauren connoisseurs.

Found these shoes online on a listing I had my eye on for some suede penny loafers and am having trouble placing them. They were described as Ralph Lauren Purple Label Chalmers but a Google of those shows a different shoe with some additional stitching on the side.

Also conscious of the block writing inside and cursive on the bottom which I've not seen before but my knowledge is limited. Any idea what these are, if they aren't actually Chalmers?

The seller looks to be reputable with a lot of positive feedback and the shoes themselves look well made from what I can see but I don't profess to being an expert!

Screenshot_20231202_222259.jpg

Screenshot_20231202_222250.jpg
Screenshot_20231202_222267.jpg
Screenshot_20231202_222265.jpg
Screenshot_20231202_222262.jpg

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello folks, new joiner here in the UK. Been properly hooked on this thread and it's been inspiring me to go out hunting. Had a reasonably successful outing today!

Couple of Gitman Bros button downs and a hat trick of Drake's for about £6 a pop. The Gitman Bros shirts are a small but work as a slim fit medium and will go onto the Bay and the Drake's are straight into the wardrobe as perfect for my size.

View attachment 2082441

View attachment 2082443
welcome-to-the-party.gif

DinhoT51

Reaction score
Much appreciated! Seen a lot of your sunglasses game in particular in this thread, I'll take just finding a couple of examples of something decent!

On the loafers, I appreciate it - I'm inevitably gonna ask some noddy questions! Do you have any knowledge of the different writing for the insole vs the outer sole? I'd only seen the cursive used for RLPL before.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello folks, new joiner here in the UK. Been properly hooked on this thread and it's been inspiring me to go out hunting. Had a reasonably successful outing today!

Couple of Gitman Bros button downs and a hat trick of Drake's for about £6 a pop. The Gitman Bros shirts are a small but work as a slim fit medium and will go onto the Bay and the Drake's are straight into the wardrobe as perfect for my size.

View attachment 2082441

View attachment 2082443
Incredible first post! Welcome to the hoarders anonymous!
sickkkkkk oxxford (mine), bernard weatherill bespoke blazer, manolocosta peak lp cash, sammy tartan, fallan harvey, bruno magli suede
View attachment 2082559

full pic of oxxford
View attachment 2082561

19th century bamboo sewing table that would make a great bar
View attachment 2082563

sac chasse
View attachment 2082565
That's one of the best pieces of Oxxford I've ever seen.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SugarDefenderCLICK