• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bangers

The Verzus series has been so good. I just wish they hosted on another platform other than IG

It was really good. you can usually watch them on a laptop/desktop on a youtube stream too.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Just found this on the curb with a bunch of other junk while getting my cigs at corner store.walked it back to my place ,came back again to actually get the cigarettes ten min later and the scrappers were picking up the rest of the junk.saved from the recycling heap.
View attachment 1393945 View attachment 1393946 View attachment 1393947 View attachment 1393948 View attachment 1393949 View attachment 1393950 View attachment 1393951 View attachment 1393952 View attachment 1393953 View attachment 1393954 View attachment 1393955 View attachment 1393957 View attachment 1393958
****. i have wanted one of those since 1994. seriously, hit me up if you want a fair price vs condition. if i can afford it.
edit: nah, you have the skills to clean it up and get a quick $700. do it man, i'll ask for the next one.

In return i could send you a list of grail BMX to look for.
They are like collector cards for gen-Xrs but i and my family ride them.
edit:here.

Please look for:
Free Agent- Enforcer,Limo,Limo team issue.
Mosh -pro.
Powerlite-p51,p61
Mongoose- Supergoose,Fuzz,Californian,DMC.
Diamondback-Reactor,pro and team. 96 was the best year.
Schwinn-Blue falcon, El jefe,Hydramatic,Super stock,pro stock.
Redline-proline.Xlr8r
Bully-Hotrod (in orange)
Haro- 95 shredder, race bikes Si,Ai. Blammo,Supra,monocoque.
Hoffman-Condor,big daddy,sugarbaby,Flash.
Gt- almost all of them.
Robinson-almost all of them.

Brands like Standard,S&M,F.B.M,T.N.T,DK,etc are rare, and prices are all over the place. but if you are a big strong dude? those are the bikes for you.

Good pickup Frenchy.

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Hansi! I am actually pretty short, standing at 173 cm in socks! Glad that the angle makes me look a bit taller. The ceiling was lowered and the floor heightened during the renovation. The house is originally a 120 year old barn so the floors where not directly flat before the renovation so to say.

Well done on the renovation! I know what you mean, we have an old house and there are very few straight walls or 90° corners. It's an adventure whenever I need to tear into a wall.

A Birkin AND a Holland Shotgun ?
The actual shotgun?
Hans bro....are you okay lol.
Btw did you know there is a Sopranos prequel movie coming out with Gandolfinis son who looks exactly like him .

Right?! My full list has a number of things like that. In all honesty, I get a lot of excitement out of finding things that I didn't even know were in existence. Given some of the insanity that has popped into these threads, I feel like I'm only limited by my imagination.

Also, thanks for the heads up on that movie! I had forgotten about it and will read into it!

Lock, Stock & Four Smoking Barrels. I may have posted this before, but back when I was just out of college I worked as a gamekeeper on Lord Cadogan's Glenquaich estate in Scotland. His son, at that time Lord Chelsea (now Cadogan, since that's how they do it), had a matched pair of custom Holland & Holland shotguns. Things of extraordinary beauty and peerless craftsmanship. And at a price to match. I felt privileged to get to handle them (TWSS). He arrived one day regaling a story of how they had been stolen.

"The police called and said there was good news and bad news. The good news was the shotguns had been recovered, but the bad news was they'd been sawn off". The stuff of nightmares. True story.

Ouch, that's terrible. I suppose I'd be afraid that any I come across that would be suspiciously cheap would be stolen. I'm sure you have a book's worth of incredible stories from that job!

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Recent finds...

Nothing available at the moment.

fullsizeoutput_15e82.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e83.jpeg

Ludwig Reiter Canaletto:

fullsizeoutput_15e84.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e85.jpeg

Incotex are women's:

fullsizeoutput_15e86.jpeg

Both in goatskin:

fullsizeoutput_15e87.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e88.jpeg

Green jacket in the back isn't vintage, but a great color:

fullsizeoutput_15e89.jpeg

This is the only stamp/mark on this, but I can't imagine a weird thing like this would have been bootlegged.

fullsizeoutput_15e8a.jpeg

I think this one is also known as the "Master"? Made in West Germany:

fullsizeoutput_15e8b.jpeg

Made in Poland:

fullsizeoutput_15e8c.jpeg

Nuts on these boxing shoes. Not sure the model name, but a crazy (mens) colorway. Made in West Germany:

fullsizeoutput_15e8d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e58.jpeg

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Recent finds, continued...

fullsizeoutput_15e8e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e8f.jpeg

Not sure whether it's actual elephant, despite the stamp. Still feel bad on that one.

fullsizeoutput_15e5b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e5c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e90.jpeg

This is cool and will sit on my desk. Weighted thing on the inside of the lid has a rubber grip, so when you lift it and let the lid close, it spits out a piece of paper.

fullsizeoutput_15e5f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e60.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e91.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e92.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e93.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e94.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e65.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e95.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e96.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e68.jpeg

Didn't see the stain on the butterfly tie until it was home:

fullsizeoutput_15e97.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e98.jpeg

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Recent finds, continued...

fullsizeoutput_15e99.jpeg

For my personal collection. The top pair has a single logo that is terribly familiar, but I can't place it. Any ideas? The middle pair is anonymous and needs a nosepad, the bottom pair is prescription vintage Silhouette.

fullsizeoutput_15e9a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e9b.jpeg

B&L:

fullsizeoutput_15e9c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e9d.jpeg

1994-96 Olympic edition:

fullsizeoutput_15e9e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e73.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e75.jpeg

Jaguar are titanium:

fullsizeoutput_15e9f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15ea0.jpeg

Prescription, but included with 2 pairs of clip on shades in brown & black.

fullsizeoutput_15ea1.jpeg

The Prada may be fake.

fullsizeoutput_15ea2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15ea3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15e7c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15ea4.jpeg

Out of my element here, but I grabbed the new/sealed stuff or that couldn't be opened. The Armani sets look like they would fit in one of the tester things at department stores, so I believe most of this is legit unless anyone has any experience. Will make my wife happy. All of the batch numbers link, but of course that can be faked as well.

fullsizeoutput_15ea5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15ea6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15ea7.jpeg

zeuxis

Reaction score
Original was by Martin Droelling, so seems as if you're right on it being a repro. Can't find anything on this particular artist, however. Really nice piece.

Green Machine's painting appears to be by George Morland (1763-1804). Many of his better paintings don't seem to be signed, but compare the signature to this, for example: https://www.invaluable.com/auction-...dres-1763-1804-la-halte-des-p-82-c-a8996a0e24

What the relationship was to the Droelling painting, I can't say, but they were contemporaries, albeit Droelling was French and Morland English. Morland did make a brief trip to France according to his Wikipedia page, so the Droelling painting may be a copy of a work that Morland made in France or that was owned by a French collector.

goatamous II

Reaction score
It was really good. you can usually watch them on a laptop/desktop on a youtube stream too.
Yeah that's how I've been watching it
I'm also watching Questlove spin daily on YouTube and the setup is just so much better

Nonetheless it's been fun. Added bonus was the disaster that was Teddy Riley vs Babyface ??

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Green Machine's painting appears to be by George Morland (1763-1804). Many of his better paintings don't seem to be signed, but compare the signature to this, for example: https://www.invaluable.com/auction-...dres-1763-1804-la-halte-des-p-82-c-a8996a0e24

What the relationship was to the Droelling painting, I can't say, but they were contemporaries, albeit Droelling was French and Morland English. Morland did make a brief trip to France according to his Wikipedia page, so the Droelling painting may be a copy of a work that Morland made in France or that was owned by a French collector.

He did some solid numbers
Screenshot_20200524-124343_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200524-124311_Chrome.jpg

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At this point, I am generally asking the thrift gods for three things each time I go:

1. A keeper for me or my family/house. (Not as easy as it once was as the stuff I have has consistently gone up in quality And I no longer keep 50 sweaters and 40 pairs of shoes like I did when I discovered AE for the first time, but I can often pull a scarf or similar for my daughter.)(Wife is at Hermes or similar type level so not as often.?)
2. A pop on either a brand or a specific item within a brand. (Ex. I have never found John Lobb (okay, I found a single shoe but that does not count Even though SPOO sold it and also I saw 3 pairs once for $400 per pair and not my size so I don’t count those either as I really don’t consider that thrift store pricing even though it is in a thrift store.); I have found Zilli, but A tie, not outerware.)
3. Something that can reasonably be sold for at least 10X what I am paying for it. Best place for this is usually ties which often sell for less than $5 and under $2 at goodwill. Once I start paying $20 for a sportcoat or $30 for a suit or coat these types of returns are few and far between.

If I have a good day I can usually get one of these, three or more is a great day for me, one of each is my Holy Trifecta!!!

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to cross off the top two things on last year's list. Here's what I'm still looking to cross off:

Grail stuff
  • JM Weston
  • Stubbs & Wootton
  • Versace silk shirt
  • Viberg
  • Holland & Holland
  • Arny's / Berluti
  • Rubinacci
  • Castangia
  • Caraceni
  • Tom Ford tailoring or knitwear
  • Vicuna
Odd personal stuff:
  • Lotte lamp (my mother has now acquired 7 of them [2 true thrift, 5 underpriced consignment] and keeps lording it over me).
  • Vtg Boris Becker Lotto tennis shirt in my size
  • Adidas Etrusco and Questra soccer balls
  • 2xl St. Croix polo so I can pretend to be Tony Soprano (physique and hairline are there already)
  • A blue ocbd that fits and has a perfect collar roll
  • Some All Clad pots :hide:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads