• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SplurgeFrugal

Reaction score
thrifting-mens-suits-1.jpg

This 3-button, ventless blue all-season wool blazer (shown above) is by Calvin Klein (white label), and was purchased on eBay for $10.00 ($7.50 shipping). Although used, it was in excellent condition. It had been altered to fit a slimmer physique. However, it was a fairly basic task for me to open up the side seams and restore the original proportions of the jacket (thankfully, the original fabric was not cut) with my Brother sewing machine.

The pocket square in the photo above is white cotton with a stitched color edge. It was only .99 cents per square on eBay (I purchased them in a range of colors). They are shipped from China when you order on eBay. The quality is excellent. If you want to find these pocket squares, do an eBay search for “Men Plain White Cotton Handkerchief Candy Color Rolled Edge Pocket Square Hanky.” Finally, the shirt was purchased from a local Goodwill (100% cotton, $2.00) along with the tie (Alexander Julian, silk $1.00). A pair of casual white khakis finishes the outfit. Cheap and classic!

SplurgeFrugal

Reaction score
I can never get a good fitting dress shirt from a thrift. I'm a 17 neck but need slim cut and tapered body.

No neck crew :(

Looks good @SplurgeFrugal!

Thanks!
I purchased a basic sewing machine and taught myself how to alter my thrifting buys. I alter my shirts, jackets and pants now. The hardest part was learning how to keep a stitch straight!

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its an awesome sweater! I thought I would like it on me, but sadly/happily, I dont.

I gotta say one of the most annoying things about loving all these awesome things we find (personally) is when i set something down and photograph it, check the image and it looks good. So I try it on and damnit at least 9/10 its better looking as a product shot than a belonging.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads