• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shout out to buff exch for not knowing **** about clothes

A2F1923B-249B-472C-8F3E-408499DA37AB.jpeg

81D70765-C45D-4373-B745-70FDCA5EAE81.jpeg

classicthrifter

Reaction score
the hard truth of this is that you've already got a horde of thrifters with data processors in hand trying to find a slice in da racks. inevitably (and prolly very soon) there will be dedicated, automated id/pricing/LISTING tools in the processing chain, and it will only be philosophy that allows those items onto the floor at an arbitrary 'true thrift' price.

consignors? those same tools will not only flood secondary markets (they already are if you haven't noticed - remember the hordes of flippers?) with more or less commoditized luxury, listed accurately and priced real-time competitively without human input (or human wages). not to mention the same sea change within consignment processing itself. interesting times.

I hope we've got a few good years left. I think we do. Each year I find even more than the year previous. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what I can sell and what I can buy. I cut out GW and Savers mid year and still have a ton of inventory to carry me into the new year...Once I complete my tax paperwork I'm going to post some numbers. Pretty fun for a guy doing it as a "3rd" job.

eta: Next post will have some clothing pictures, I swear...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Dirt yeah I agree. I thought they were Pegasus at first. The obsessive hunt for info continues:)

Neat find, the 1985 catalog is posted in entirety (via google and a pretty amazing flip through) but those make me think a little later, maybe 1990 is too far but late 80s seems plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads