• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
The Traditional symbols of the performing arts community.
Laughter/Sadness. =Drama.

Shakespeare fan?

Willing to bet the stamp reads in Latin. upside down.

Anyway, those are special. not a keeper?

Last edited:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to an estate sale today. They had an RA Miller museum. If I wasn't leaving this weekend, I'd go back on half-price day to see if I could snag the ukulele on the third shelf. Still might go back today.

IMG_6417.jpg

Maybe I should go back for these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Four-R-A-RA-Miller-Angel-Group-handsigned-metal-Cutouts-by-Outsider-Artist-/302443158049?hash=item466b045a21:g:4VIAAOSw0j9ZRxaw&nma=true&si=ibSNptLjVKOCnB25KTUX050%2BEnU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

But I'm always suspect of First Dibs pricing: https://www.1stdibs.com/art/paintin...VUG1-Ch1YJwPxEAQYASABEgKj1_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you guys remember this post last month.....

All those shirts I found were ******* filthy, so I took them to the dry cleaner. He brings them back today and says, "hey, you left a pair of cufflinks in one of the shirts, and hands me a bag.....

latest

Solid ******* 18K. .750. Going to head over to the jeweler (again!) in a bit. But does anyone recognize that marking? Looks like it says 295VIS/750? @330CK ?

View attachment 886856

View attachment 886857

View attachment 886858

Meh

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today.

The last pair of shoes werent thrifted but were a gift. I cant say names but there may be an owner of a company founded in 1818 who has recently warmed to LuxeSwap. That company may be testing some new shoe factories to make their shell cordovan shoes. So this one of a kind example was an early Christmas gift to me for the work Ive done for him so far which he is very pleased with... may the 10.5 billion dollars that took only a few steps in these pass down to me too :slayer:
View attachment 886097

1) You getting to know and work with CdV is still uber cool.

2) See if you can talk him into taking you to the company's archives, and bring me with you

3) I hope they find better a better maker and material if they do replace their shells. I like the idea of cheaper ones, but those look awful compared to Aldens.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1) You getting to know and work with CdV is still uber cool.

2) See if you can talk him into taking you to the company's archives, and bring me with you

3) I hope they find better a better maker and material if they do replace their shells. I like the idea of cheaper ones, but those look awful compared to Aldens.

1. Its not getting old. Ever.

2. Actually I have. I have some stuff for the 200th anniversary that they are collecting stuff for. Do you have anything early?

3. Not awful! Here it is on - they are a bit snoutier, but just a bit more sleek than the LHS.
(thrifted J. Crew pants)
Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 2.39.35 PM.png

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Its not getting old. Ever.

2. Actually I have. I have some stuff for the 200th anniversary that they are collecting stuff for. Do you have anything early?

3. Not awful! Here it is on - they are a bit snoutier, but just a bit more sleek than the LHS.
(thrifted J. Crew pants)
View attachment 887054

I don't have anything that old. I missed out on an auction for a BB tailcoat from the 1870s once and still kick myself about it.

The shoes look better there, but I'm not seeing sleeker than the LHS. They look a lot like the AE Randolph, which is a nice shoe but can't replace the LHS's iconic profile. And non-Horween shell just doesn't have the same shine.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
534280937.984551.jpg
Almost had a "Smedleyning". There were 15 more, but they were priced about twice what I want to pay. These were reasonable.
N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads