• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vecxo those blue lens Revos are very good.
We sold a pair for 295 couple years back

Found for 2.99 yesterday. Was super hyped. Arms are pretty loose but the lenses and frames are solid so should do pretty well.

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
Had what I would consider a much needed good day today. Just started thrifting last winter so I missed out on the goodwill outerwear unveiling last year but this summer/fall is looking good so far. Only posted the interesting stuff and things I'd like to learn more about but I have to say outerwear has become my favorite category as of late.

Some super heavy Florsheims: Trying to figure out how old they are, google isn't helping too much.
IMG_1282.JPG
IMG_1285.JPG

Church's Cowes Double Monks. Some of the nicest leather I've polished myself.
IMG_1287.JPG

Pop on RRL. Nothing special but nice to know it's out here.
IMG_1303.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

Faconable Jacket-Found out it's missing the zipper pull tab thing, more $$$ down the drain. Gonna have to give her a Lexol bath.
IMG_1295.JPG

Burberry Jacket feels crispy and unworn but looks like a moth got to it. Small hole on the inner arm. Doesn't fit me unfortunately or I'd rock since it's hardly noticeable. For you flippers out there, do you think it's worth getting repaired or selling as is?
IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1305.jpg

Cool Smith&Wesson Field Jacket. Looks pretty old and like something somebody out there would want. I envision an older gent in Billings Montana smoking a cigar and duck hunting in this. Interesting tidbit; it's Made in England, no clue who made it or if that helps or hurts, input is appreciated.
IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

Last coat of the day. Picked it up because I thought I remembered seeing one on here, MIUSA, heavier than hell and looks like they do decent on eBay. Has a suede-like feel but not as coarse. Maybe lambskin? It changes hue when you rub it in different directions (Pun intended).

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1312.JPG IMG_1313.JPG IMG_1314.JPG IMG_1315.JPG

And as soon as I started taking pics somebody wanted in on the photoshoot.

callie.jpg

That's it for now. Still searching for my Loro jacket. Keep hustlin y'all.

IMG_1299.JPG

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had what I would consider a much needed good day today. Just started thrifting last winter so I missed out on the goodwill outerwear unveiling last year but this summer/fall is looking good so far. Only posted the interesting stuff and things I'd like to learn more about but I have to say outerwear has become my favorite category as of late.

Some super heavy Florsheims: Trying to figure out how old they are, google isn't helping too much. View attachment 842796 View attachment 842797

Church's Cowes Double Monks. Some of the nicest leather I've polished myself. View attachment 842800

Pop on RRL. Nothing special but nice to know it's out here. View attachment 842805
View attachment 842807

Faconable Jacket-Found out it's missing the zipper pull tab thing, more $$$ down the drain. Gonna have to give her a Lexol bath. View attachment 842808

Burberry Jacket feels crispy and unworn but looks like a moth got to it. Small hole on the inner arm. Doesn't fit me unfortunately or I'd rock since it's hardly noticeable. For you flippers out there, do you think it's worth getting repaired or selling as is? View attachment 842810
View attachment 842829

Cool Smith&Wesson Field Jacket. Looks pretty old and like something somebody out there would want. I envision an older gent in Billings Montana smoking a cigar and duck hunting in this. Interesting tidbit; it's Made in England, no clue who made it or if that helps or hurts, input is appreciated.
View attachment 842812

View attachment 842813

Last coat of the day. Picked it up because I thought I remembered seeing one on here, MIUSA, heavier than hell and looks like they do decent on eBay. Has a suede-like feel but not as coarse. Maybe lambskin? It changes hue when you rub it in different directions (Pun intended).

View attachment 842817
View attachment 842818 View attachment 842819 View attachment 842820 View attachment 842821

And as soon as I started taking pics somebody wanted in on the photoshoot.

View attachment 842823

That's it for now. Still searching for my Loro jacket. Keep hustlin y'all.

View attachment 842804

The Florsheims are pre-1972. You can tell because the V cleat in the heel is set right against the edge. If you can send a pic of the code inside and the logo on the footbed, I can help with a more exact date.*

*my learning came from Dave's excellent website vcleat.com. A must read if you are getting into vintage Florsheim Imperials!

zcostilla

Reaction score
Thanks! I love it so much I've bought three more Zegna jackets off eBay.

So I'm really digging not only this forum, but this thread. And tonight my wife really wanted to go to Savers so I thought"what the heck". And lo and behold what do I find but a steal on a set of Brooks Brothers dress trousers AND Johnson & Murphy Signature Shoes (Sheepskin). He shoes need some TLC but it shouldn't be too hard to get them back into shape. I put them on here at the house with one of my recent Zegna eBay jackets and I'm in love with this outfit. It was needed too. It's EXPENSIVE to build back up a wardrobe after losing nearly 50 pounds.

Question on the shoes, I'm thinking maybe deep red laces for a fun look since I already have a pair of brown Florsheims that are heavily grained in the flexible part of the upper and glassy smooth heel and toecapped. Your thoughts?

http://imgur.com/a/fq2kP

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
tonight my wife really wanted to go to Savers s

If you keep up with this thread, she's going to regret that thought in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members